This is the Message Centre for The Guild of Wizards
The Guild of Wizards Started conversation Jul 7, 2002
alji's Posted Jul 8, 2002
xyroth Posted Jul 15, 2002
(muse of thechnomages)
ps forcing this whole section into goo is not very friendly, especially when you have not tested the colour scheme for legibility.
dark blue on black is very unhelpfull.
give me the chance to choose my own skin.
You mean like a snake?
Put me in for "All Things Technological... except turning on the toaster"
Euan - † - Getting a new laser to play with - woohoo Posted Jul 15, 2002
General Physics (Quantum mechanics, Special Relativity, Electromagnetism, Nuclear and Particle Physics)
The Guild of Wizards Posted Jul 15, 2002
The problem with allabaster is, I can't control the width of the page (any ideas how it can be done?). The reason for choosing goo is that it was the original colour (thats why it's called classic goo) I,m sorry about the black text on dark blue - I'll change it.
The Guild of Wizards
xyroth Posted Jul 15, 2002
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/U197895 seems to work fine at 1024x768.
If you try anything fancy, you are really talking about higher res modes anyway.
and don't forget, h2g2 doesn't officially support 640x480.
Tam Posted Jul 22, 2002
To the Chief Wiz
Music - partic. pre-90's
Computer Games - all sorts
History - partic. British
Current Affairs (non-American)
Potpourri of knowledge of other things
Any chance of getting the code for the drop-down list?
xyroth Posted Jul 22, 2002
no problem. go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/test780752 and search for "item-list" and you will see it right there in the code.
Spike Posted Jul 26, 2002
Bekster Posted Jul 31, 2002
Could I possibly claim Radio 4, Comedy, Pilgramages and students?
alji's Posted Aug 1, 2002
Swiv (decrepit postgrad) Posted Aug 8, 2002
Mark Beeblebrox Posted Aug 13, 2002
Earning money from drug trials, along with contact numbers.
Come on, Alex. That's covered by me.
xyroth Posted Aug 16, 2002
now come on, both some bloke and alex can both be wizards with knowledge of the same area.
one of the personality traits of mages is that they don't limit their knowledge to just some tiny section of what can be learned.
see my mages page at http://www.xyroth-enterprises.co.uk/mages.htm for some of the other character traits.
Key: Complain about this post
- 1: The Guild of Wizards (Jul 7, 2002)
- 2: alji's (Jul 8, 2002)
- 3: Noggin the Nog (Jul 13, 2002)
- 4: NMcCoy (attempting to standardize my username across the Internet. Formerly known as Twinkle.) (Jul 14, 2002)
- 5: xyroth (Jul 15, 2002)
- 6: some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one (Jul 15, 2002)
- 7: Euan - † - Getting a new laser to play with - woohoo (Jul 15, 2002)
- 8: The Guild of Wizards (Jul 15, 2002)
- 9: xyroth (Jul 15, 2002)
- 10: Tam (Jul 22, 2002)
- 11: some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one (Jul 22, 2002)
- 12: xyroth (Jul 22, 2002)
- 13: Spike (Jul 26, 2002)
- 14: Bekster (Jul 31, 2002)
- 15: alji's (Aug 1, 2002)
- 16: Swiv (decrepit postgrad) (Aug 8, 2002)
- 17: Alex 195614 As everyone else seems to like incredibly long names I keep mine ironically short. (Aug 12, 2002)
- 18: Mark Beeblebrox (Aug 13, 2002)
- 19: some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one (Aug 15, 2002)
- 20: xyroth (Aug 16, 2002)