This is the Message Centre for Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho
Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho Started conversation Sep 18, 2012
1 cup redcurrant juice
1 cup water
½ cup sugar
¼ cup semolina
1. Put the juice and water in a saucepan and add the sugar. The mixture should taste strongly of both juice and sugar as whipping will dilute the flavour.
2. Bring the liquid to the boil.
3. Sprinkle in the semolina while stirring continuously.
4. The semolina cooks quickly, in a few minutes.
5. Once ready, cool the mixture for 5-10 minutes in a sink filled with cold water.
6. Whip with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
7. Pour straight into dessert bowls. Serve with cold milk poured over.
I didn't have any redcurrant juice so I blended some organic strawberries I saw on sale last week, and used those. It probably needs more water if you do that because it came out a bit thicker than when the nice Estonian lady made it on Hairy Bikers Mums Know Best. And I think the semolina I bought was a bit too finely ground because it went a bit lumpy. It's called semolina flour rather than semolina.
But bloody hell, it's delicious And quite filling
I think I'll try it with raspberries next time, and then maybe blackberries
Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho Posted Sep 27, 2012
abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein Posted Sep 27, 2012
Dea.. - call me Mrs B! Posted Sep 27, 2012
Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho Posted Jun 5, 2019
I've just found this old conversation while looking for something else, and suddenly remembered how delicious it was. But what to make it with? Perhaps those cherries left over from making the cherry brandy last Christmas?
Sho - gainfully employed again Posted Jun 9, 2019
Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho Posted Jun 9, 2019
I never lost my fondness for the milk puddings despite school dinners. Actually, our school dinners, and particularly the puds, were bloody good. Never much fancied tapioca though.
clzoomer- a bit woobly Posted Jun 10, 2019
Plain old rhubarb and oats with sugar to taste today. Spring is here.
Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho Posted Jun 10, 2019
I often fancy a rhubarb crumble, until I see the price of it. Bloody expensive in Texas.
Key: Complain about this post
- 1: Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho (Sep 18, 2012)
- 2: Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho (Sep 27, 2012)
- 3: abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein (Sep 27, 2012)
- 4: Dea.. - call me Mrs B! (Sep 27, 2012)
- 5: Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho (Jun 5, 2019)
- 6: Sho - gainfully employed again (Jun 9, 2019)
- 7: Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho (Jun 9, 2019)
- 8: clzoomer- a bit woobly (Jun 10, 2019)
- 9: Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho (Jun 10, 2019)