N O T Q U I T E A L L H E R E
Hello. I'm a ghost. A shell of a young man that became so acutely self-aware he disappeared in a puff of neuroses. Now I just float around in here, across and through the pages of the Guide, occasionally leaving a mark here and there, but more often just hanging around my own memories...
Born in Duke Street, Glasgow (well, not actually in the street, more near it) on 24th April 1975. Which means I'm a Taurus, born in the Chinese Year of the Rabbit. Both of these astrological signs are connected with insanity, I believe...
I've lived my whole life in the town of Cumbernauld near Glasgow, Scotland. I ask, nay beg you, do not judge me on account of this financially-motivated lifestyle choice!
I did attend Strathclyde University, studying Computer and Electronic Systems, and many webpages and bars along the way. Unfortunately, due to intelligence constraints, I dropped out after three years. Well hey, nobody's perfect!
So now I'm a civil servant. More specifically, I'm a taxman. Perhaps I shouldn't have used that begging line so soon...
The Section for Stuff
Stuff I Like Doing:
- Websurfing. First and foremost, I am a couch potato. I freely admit this in the hope that others may find the courage to proclaim themselves in the same manner.
- Musical Appreciation. Of the Industrial/EBM variety. My favourite band of all time is currently Front Line Assembly, but this is subject to change on a daily basis.
- Cyberpunk. I applaud the ideals of this movement, even if I don't live up to them myself. Instead, I content myself with reading about and watching stuff connected with the concept (Ghost In The Shell, Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash, and the like).
- Spectating. Sport on TV is good. Formula 1 is a firm favourite.
- Travelling. But only in moderation (sic). Never left the British mainland, but I've been pretty much everywhere on it. Except Wales, for some reason.
- Painting. Miniatures a speciality. Plays havoc with the eyesight.
- Escapism in General. Anything invented or otherwise usable to avoid reality (with certain hazardous exceptions, i.e. drink, drugs, smokes) is quite obviously a Good Thing
Stuff I Despise:
- Aggravation. Hassle. Plain Ol' Bad Feeling.
- Wasted Potential. Not chasing your dreams.
- Hypocrisy. Did I mention I'm a hypocrite?!
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|Thursday 20 October 2011: Bug Fixing Update: you have your names back.||No Posting||Dec 21, 2011|
|Announcements||No Posting||Dec 11, 2011|
|Friday 30 September, 2011: H2G2 Moves to its New Home||No Posting||Oct 21, 2011|
|Announcements from the new h2g2! editors. Small bug with the yikes button.||No Posting||Oct 20, 2011|
|Wednesday 07 September, 2011: Jane Belson has Passed Away||No Posting||Sep 16, 2011|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- The Technology of Formula One Racing
- The Forces Behind Formula One
- Great Formula One Drivers
- The British Touring Car Championship
- Jackie Chan - Actor and Stuntman
- Jackie Chan
- Kim Stanley Robinson
- Front Line Assembly (and related bands)
- Great Formula 1 Drivers
- Quality In Business: Getting It Right First T
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Notquiteallhere - the Conversation Assassin has no Friends
Notquiteallhere - the Conversation Assassin has no Followers
This user has no Bookmarks