A Conversation for Renfrew's Big Case: Episode 17

Pirate investigator.

Post 1

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Is that a hint to where the story is going? That could be a really interesting twist.

Pirate investigator.

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

You spotted a typo. Good catch. The trouble with text files is that they don't have spellcheck, though in this case pirate is not a misspelled word. Maybe there will be pirates in a video, menacing Linda Ronstadt and Angela Lansbury.

Or not. There's a pirate of a sort, someone who steals the intellectual property of others, but she will be undone by her own cat.

Stay tuned for further developments. smiley - bigeyes

Pirate investigator.

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

A rule of thumb for spotting typos: it is best if you contact the Editor and say, 'This sentence [quote sentence] contains a typo.' The Editor tends to be literal about things like this.

If all you do is post jokes about it, I will in future assume that everybody WANTED IT THAT WAY and leave it alone.

If in addition there are puns, you can be fairly sure I stopped reading halfway through.

Pirate investigator.

Post 4

The typos I didn't spot are the ones that make for amusement when the readers see them.

Pirate investigator.

Post 5

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

I just wanted to know if the investigator was a pirate himself or if he was just investigating pirates in general.
I'll try and report typos officially in the future. With this one I thought it would be best to let Paul decide on it.

Pirate investigator.

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - ok

Pirate investigator.

Post 7

There are no literal pirates. However, one character who will appear in the future "pirates" other people's android inventions

Pirate investigator.

Post 8

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - rofl pity, maybe pirates would have been a good addition to the story?

Anyway, whenever I read the name Sigismuns I have to think of the following song from the operetta 'Im weißen Rössel':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9IaEX333Bs
(translation: it is not Sigismund's fault that he is so handsome, it is not Sigismund's fault that everyone loves him...)

Key: Complain about this post