A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

2017-11-15 Announcement: Visitor statistics

Post 201

Dmitri Gheorgheni

smiley - applause

Post 202

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

smiley - lurk

Post 203

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

smiley - lurk

Post 204

h2g2 Guide Editors

Greetings Stats Fans! Here is the report for November

The number of unique users is about the same as last time (70,000) but the number of pageviews has gone up to 345,000. Around 35% of traffic is from the USA and 28% is from the UK. Honourable mentions go to Canada, Australia, India, Germany and France.

Douglas' Tea Entry was linked to on the crafting website Ravelry! Porridge the TV Series was linked to from a quiz website. The London Underground was linked to from the realclearhistory website. Apart from the Usual Suspect Entries, Polynesia and Geoffrey Chaucer were also popular. The anniversary of the Queen Victoria Blast Furnace Explosion was on 4 November and our Entry trended smiley - rose

Post 205

Dmitri Gheorgheni

smiley - applause

Post 206

Witty Moniker

May I have a link to the the Ravelry mention, please?

Post 207

Superfrenchie

I'm seconding what Witty said. smiley - biggrin

Post 208

paulh, not fond of Lord Mudpants

I rather imagined that Queen Victoria herself was injured in the blast furnace explosion. But, no, she would have needed t live 74 years longer than she actually did. smiley - doh

Never mind. It's a neat trick to make people willing to read about blast furnaces, when they would not otherwise wanted to.

Now, an explosion at the Kardashian blast furnace might draw some attention. smiley - biggrin

(I will just crawl away to somewhere and try to be good smiley - blush)

Post 209

h2g2 Guide Editors

I checked google analytics, but the referral link only took me to the Ravelry homepage, so I can't find exactly where the tea is, sorry!

If you can log in to Ravelry, then you might be able to search for it somehow - the code for the Tea Entry is A61345 if that helps...

Post 210

Recumbentman

Curious what you find. https://www.ravelry.com/projects/pedroheartsummer/dont-panic-h2g2-bag

Post 211

Recumbentman

I mean http://www.ravelry.com/projects/pedroheartsummer/dont-panic-h2g2-bag

Post 212

Superfrenchie

Witty! I've got it! It was in one of the forums : http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/lazy-stupid-and-godless/3853929/101-125#112
smiley - biggrinsmiley - oribsmiley - biro

Post 213

Witty Moniker

Awesome! Thanks for finding it. I did a search yesterday but didn’t turn that one up.

If you’d like to friend me there, my user name is Witty-Moniker. Shocking, I know. smiley - winkeye

Any other fiber friends are welcome to seek me out there as well.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more