A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

2017-11-15 Announcement: Visitor statistics

Post 201

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - applause

Post 202

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

smiley - lurk

Post 203

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

smiley - lurk

Post 204

h2g2 Guide Editors

Greetings Stats Fans! Here is the report for November

The number of unique users is about the same as last time (70,000) but the number of pageviews has gone up to 345,000. Around 35% of traffic is from the USA and 28% is from the UK. Honourable mentions go to Canada, Australia, India, Germany and France.

Douglas' Tea Entry was linked to on the crafting website Ravelry! Porridge the TV Series was linked to from a quiz website. The London Underground was linked to from the realclearhistory website. Apart from the Usual Suspect Entries, Polynesia and Geoffrey Chaucer were also popular. The anniversary of the Queen Victoria Blast Furnace Explosion was on 4 November and our Entry trended smiley - rose

Post 205

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - applause

Post 206

Witty Moniker

May I have a link to the the Ravelry mention, please?

Post 207

Superfrenchie

I'm seconding what Witty said. smiley - biggrin

Post 208

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I rather imagined that Queen Victoria herself was injured in the blast furnace explosion. But, no, she would have needed t live 74 years longer than she actually did. smiley - doh

Never mind. It's a neat trick to make people willing to read about blast furnaces, when they would not otherwise wanted to.

Now, an explosion at the Kardashian blast furnace might draw some attention. smiley - biggrin

(I will just crawl away to somewhere and try to be good smiley - blush)

Post 209

h2g2 Guide Editors

I checked google analytics, but the referral link only took me to the Ravelry homepage, so I can't find exactly where the tea is, sorry!

If you can log in to Ravelry, then you might be able to search for it somehow - the code for the Tea Entry is A61345 if that helps...

Post 210

Recumbentman

Curious what you find. https://www.ravelry.com/projects/pedroheartsummer/dont-panic-h2g2-bag

Post 211

Recumbentman

I mean http://www.ravelry.com/projects/pedroheartsummer/dont-panic-h2g2-bag

Post 212

Superfrenchie

Witty! I've got it! It was in one of the forums : http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/lazy-stupid-and-godless/3853929/101-125#112
smiley - biggrinsmiley - oribsmiley - biro

Post 213

Witty Moniker

Awesome! Thanks for finding it. I did a search yesterday but didn’t turn that one up.

If you’d like to friend me there, my user name is Witty-Moniker. Shocking, I know. smiley - winkeye

Any other fiber friends are welcome to seek me out there as well.

Post 214

smiley - lurksmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Post 215

Yes, happy new year, and don't spend too much of it searching for the car keys and the lavatories. smiley - blush

Post 216

h2g2 Guide Editors

Happy New Year Stats Fans! smiley - bubbly Here is the December Report:

The number of unique users was down slightly (70,000 compared to 73,000 in November) and the number of pageviews was down slightly (325,000 vs 358,000) but that is because of the usual online lull during the festive period. However, traffic via social media went up. Around 35% of traffic is from the USA and 28% is from the UK. Honourable mentions go to India, Canada, Australia, Germany, the Philippines and France.

Our Entry on Autism and Aspergers Syndrome was viewed 5,000 times via Hacker News http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18687929 and the Buzzfeed article featuring a link to Mehram Karimi Nasseri trended again!

An Introduction to Christmas Traditions was viewed 2,000 times this month. The Hogmanay Entry was also popular, especially on 31 December. 'Why is Jesus Christ an Apple Tree?' was a popular question this month, as was An AskH2G2 question about Gregory Porter's Hat! The 'Dinner for One' Entry trended, too - it was very well received on Facebook, getting comments as well as Likes! Other popular Entries were Sherlock Holmes and The Gorge Swimming Hole in Beechworth, Australia.

smiley - islandsmiley - elf

Post 217

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Good grief! Don't the world know where I am ?
The only "media site" that has the worlds most modest superstar "ME" smiley - winkeye "posting" in it...

Post 218

The world is constantly in motion. It will catch up to you sooner or later. smiley - cheerup

Post 219

smiley - lurk

smiley - teasmiley - cakesmiley - choc

Post 220

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

F21546918?thread=8321541&post=111098373#p111098373

latest smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more