A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

2017-01-25 Announcement: HELP WANTED - AUDIOVISAL VOLUNTEERS FOR THE YOUTUBE TEAM

Post 1

h2g2 Operations

Do you like to hang around on Youtube, watching cats and learning Stuff? Are you subscribed to Youtube channels like 'Today I Found Out'? Do you have a computer (and maybe a microphone)? Can you work well with others?

If so, we need your help! We want to make the h2g2 Youtube channel the go-to place for Fun Facts from the Edited Guide.

Can you do one or more of these things?

Help select and prepare Guide Entries for broadcast?
Read things aloud in your best Radio Voice?
Prepare art?
Do layout?
Make a movie? (Quiet on the set!)
Find, record, or upload legal music?

These skills are needed, and we'll probably think of more,but it's going to require a group effort, kind of like flying the Heart of Gold. If you think you're geek enough for the job, contact Milla.

For the Core Team,

Milla, Ops smiley - cogs

2017-01-25 Announcement: HELP WANTED - AUDIOVISAL VOLUNTEERS FOR THE YOUTUBE TEAM

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It sounds like a good idea. I'd like to volunteer him. ->

smiley - winkeye

Post 3

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

now you tell me............. smiley - laugh ok! i'll give it a wourlesmiley - biggrin

grabs his camera and....... I feel the need to make a film smiley - bubbly

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I can make odd noises that are almost entirely but not quite unlike music, if I've got a remit... like length, style, or how sensible or odd, or backgroundy etc.... so long as theire ain't tight deadlines, as I can be out of action for days on end currently smiley - laughsmiley - skull bit like the aviator stuff we did in the way back chicken days... of hen. smiley - ermsmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - weird

Post 5

Milla, h2g2 Operations

ho yus! fling an email at [email protected] and see where we end up smiley - biggrin
smiley - towel

Post 6

A T Hun

Is there actually an h2g2 Youtube channel smiley - erm or is this like ground Zero.
i mean I haven't checked, but I'll do that next smiley - smiley

Post 7

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

I'm busy...... smiley - smiley

Post 8

Pastey

There was definitely an account, it's even coded into the Guide to show videos from it with the right GuideML mark up.

Will see if I can find an article with a video in...

Post 9

Pastey

Here you go: http://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A5168063

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

Yay! The Bacon Sandwich Video is still there even though the link on the Entry is broken http://www.youtube.com/user/h2g2aviators/videos Brilliant animation - simple and effective.

Thanks Pastey smiley - ok

*adds "check Entries for broken links" to To Do list*

Post 11

Pastey

If the entry should have a video that's on YouTube from the h2g2 account, then it'll just need it's GuideML checking for it to show up. smiley - smiley

Post 12

SashaQ - happysad

I checked the links and all was well.

I didn't think I would be able to do anything in relation to this, as I was embarrassed by my voice, but it turns out it's not that bad after all - I made a video smiley - biggrin

Now I just need to work out what to do with it... *goes to send e-mail*

Post 13

Milla, h2g2 Operations

The mail has arrived!
*rushes to figure out what's next*
smiley - towel

Post 14

bobstafford

Call if you need help with anything smiley - cheers

Post 15

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

* Read things aloud in your best Radio Voice?

I could perhaps do this.

Post 16

CaptainNuge

I've popped an email to [email protected], as it suggested up there. This may have been sitting here for a while, but I'd be keen to get stuck into it! I've been needing a project, and I owe this community from back in the day. smiley - smiley

Post 17

h2g2 Operations

Oh gosh! I have completely forgotten to check the inbox! I mostly get requests for advertising and/or bots (?) wanting us to replace links in entries (and conversations!) with links to their own site.

smiley - run

Milla smiley - cogs

Key: Complain about this post