A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

2016-12-06 Announcement: Digital afterlives, Douglas Adams and me | Robbie Stamp | TEDxLondonSalon

Post 21

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
Thank you, Sir! High praise, indeed.
smiley - erm
I have often wished to have been able to speak personally with Douglas, or any of the folks responsible for H2G2 (in all of its incarnations). The thing I've settled upon, though, is that I have at least 'listened' to him. He has written and recorded... and in so doing has left a legacy. As I've read his works and listened to audio recordings, I have been given the chance to get to know him at least in some small fashion. I know those closest to him were ten-times blessed to have him in their company. Yet, those of us who never met him face-to-face, due to distance or timing, still have a tenuous connection to him and his heart. It's through his lingering presence via his writings. And from that, I am at least twice-blessed. Once for 'hearing' him; twice, for applying the 'heart' of each idea in the real world.
smiley - cheerssmiley - sreehc
B4idroneon

Key: Complain about this post

2016-12-06 Announcement: Digital afterlives, Douglas Adams and me | Robbie Stamp | TEDxLondonSalon

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more