A Conversation for Games Room

Nice brainteaser

Post 81

Sheep in wolfs clothing

Okay, we have established beyond reasonable doubt that he is not wearing gloves, I think.
If he hasn't covered his hands, or lost the feeling in them, I deduce that he is very distracted.
I cannot guess what it might be, especially as it is not a soldier. Any more clues?

Nice brainteaser

Post 82

Kyra

Was there something in the letter that distracted him? For some reason I'm thinking that he's stranded on the island and there was something in the letter that could have helped him escape, but he missed it or something (?)

Nice brainteaser

Post 83

Marmite

Is he by himself marooned on a island and hes reading the letter that he sent in a bottle for help

Nice brainteaser

Post 84

PedanticBarSteward

I have already said that the contents of the letter are not the reason for the man crying and that he is not a soldier (or member of any other of the armed forces). Think Ôwhy would he not feel the cigarette burn his fingersÕ and work back from there to the uniform.

Nice brainteaser

Post 85

PedanticBarSteward

The island is also significant - it doesn't necessarily have to be a desert one.

Nice brainteaser

Post 86

Geggs

So, we are talking about a Policeman on a traffic island, then?

Geggs

Nice brainteaser

Post 87

PedanticBarSteward

No Geggs, we are not. It is an island in the sea and read the clues. WHY doesn't he feel the cigarette burn his fingers?

Nice brainteaser

Post 88

Marmite

Is it a real cigarette

Nice brainteaser

Post 89

Gem - leave a message and I'll get back to you!!

He has an artificial hand or arm and now it's damaged (which is not good if you're on a desert island (uniform wearing or not))
smiley - laugh

Nice brainteaser

Post 90

Gem - leave a message and I'll get back to you!!

OR (to be completly off the wall)

He's playing a virtual reality game and his time's up!!

Nice brainteaser

Post 91

PedanticBarSteward

No he is a real man on a real island with real hands. THINK. Why can't he feel the cigarette burn (there is one very logical reason) and if you get that work back to the uniform and the island. It is NOT a 'trick' question (virtual reality - prosthetics etc) but you do have to apply a bit of lateral thinking. I can't raelly give any more clues without telling you the answer.
smiley - cheers

Nice brainteaser

Post 92

Geggs

Well, just because it's an island doesn't mean it has to be a desert. Take the Isle of Wight, for example. Or the Isle of Man. Or Jersey.

Geggs

Nice brainteaser

Post 93

PedanticBarSteward

OK - but it is not. Ignore the island, it needn't even be an island although they often were (for obvious reasons when you get the answer). Think ONLY of reasons why he cannot feel the burning cigarette.

Nice brainteaser

Post 94

Geggs

Hardened skin. He is seriously calloused on those fingers.

Geggs

Nice brainteaser

Post 95

PedanticBarSteward

Think of disease - but that is virtually telling you the answer.smiley - sadface

Nice brainteaser

Post 96

Geggs

Leporsy.

So he's in a leper colony. Yep, they were usually islands.

Geggs

Nice brainteaser

Post 97

PedanticBarSteward

Yes - phewwww - it is worse than extracting teeth.

Now work back to the uniform and why he cries.

Nice brainteaser

Post 98

Geggs

It's not Napoleon, it is? He died in a leper colony, I think.

Geggs

Nice brainteaser

Post 99

PedanticBarSteward

If he did, it is not the answer. Right - you have established that it is a lepper colony.
Question. Why is this man wearing a uniform
Question. Why has every one assumed that the uniform is military?
Question. What can you deduce from the fact that this person is wearing a uniform?
Question. Why does the person not feel the burning cigarette?
Question. Why does he cry?

Nice brainteaser

Post 100

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

It is a nurse's or doctors uniform. He is crying because he cannot feel the cigarette burn ergo he has contracted leprosy

Key: Complain about this post