A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What on earth is going on?

Post 1

You can call me TC

I just posted to a conversation and noticed that my user name had been changed to "Array".

I COULD possibly have inadvertently executed a complicated series of clicks and got into the "preferences" box by mistake (but how likely is that?) BUT I have not typed the word "Array" for as far back as I can remember.

There have been a few odd error messages popping up lately but the smiley - hamstersmiley - hamster have outdone themselves there!

Post 2

paulh, making lemonade from the lemons that life has given me

Caiman Raptor and Minor Vogon Poet have also been morphed into Array.

Post 3

Baron Grim

Very odd! smiley - weird

I saw that, but now you're back to TC.
And what's even more odd is that previous "Array" post still says "Array" but clicking on the name takes one to your normal "TC" User Space. Normally if you change your screen name it changes universally across the site.

I'd drop a message to the hamsters. smiley - hamstersmiley - hamstersmiley - hamster

I don't know which group of hamsters smiley - hamster would be most appropriate. I only know the address for gurus at h2g2, and since I can't find any other contact information on this broken site, that's as good a place as any to try.

Post 4

h2g2 Guide Editors

That is weird indeed - Tech have noted the issue, but we will pass this additional information to them now smiley - ok

Post 5

Baron Grim

You've been assimilitated by the BORG, TC! smiley - yikessmiley - borgsmiley - borgsmiley - borgsmiley - borgsmiley - borgsmiley - borg

Post 6

paulh, making lemonade from the lemons that life has given me

Thanks, editors. I haven't been affected -- yet.

Key: Complain about this post