A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Achievement Unlocked - what small victory are you celebrating today?

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

Sometimes small things represent big victories - what would you like to celebrate?

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

This weekend I learned how to bleed a radiator smiley - cool

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

This weekend I learned that bleeding a radiator empties the boiler...

I learned how to refill the boiler by finding a video online.

However, the valve that needed opening was jammed. At first I thought I would have to call a plumber, but then I found that a tyre lever was the perfect tool for the job. I unjammed the valve and fixed the boiler all by myself smiley - coolsmiley - coolsmiley - cool

Post 4

paulh, making lemonade from the lemons that life has given me

I pulled up invasive bindweed. Left unchecked, it would wind around my flowers and choke them.

Post 5

Baron Grim

On Thursday, I hosted a Trivia Night at a local brewery tap room for the first time.

I only plan on doing it one more time. I just want to get the balance of difficulty a bit better. The first 2 sets of questions were all too easy, and the last were all too hard. (No one in the small group knew what a quark was, much less the flavors of them.)

Post 6

I started cleaning out my car, filling one trash bag at a time.

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - applausesmiley - biggrin

Ah, yes quizzes are tricky to get the balance right with - surprising indeed that your audience didn't know about Quarks! I have some experience of compiling quizzes, as I was in a group where the winning team had to set the next quiz - last time I did it, I was a bit worried that I was pitching it at too easy a level, but everyone got more than 50% and nobody got more than 80%, so it worked out well, luckily.

Post 8

Baron Grim

This time I took a different approach. I think everyone will be familiar with all or most of the answers, but this time the questions are a bit less direct but most include clues beyond the general category (elements).

Post 9

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Well done everyone smiley - applause

Yesterday I got my very first pension payment from the Government, so I've paid all my outstanding bills. Today is the 2nd anniversary of rescuing a cygnet and finding it an adoptive swan family. It was the Spring Bank Holiday Monday 27.5.2019 and my (stillborn) son Daniel's 42nd birthday. The whole experience gave me great solace and I like to think the tiny cygnet is a fully grown beautiful swan now smiley - love I wrote it up for The Post and you can see a photo of the adoptive swan familysmiley - loveblushA87939760

Post 10

I see swans in the Charles River in Boston sometimes.

Does the Queen "own" all the swans in England? She has an official swan-counter. I'm glad you did your part in not letting a swan fal through the cracks. smiley - smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E99NE3H8ZG8

Post 11

Baron Grim

If anyone would like to help me with my upcoming trivia quiz, follow the following link to my last comment in this journal entry. I'm just looking for some feedback on the difficulty and order of my questions. http://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/F105207?thread=8310911&post=111165796#p111165796 F105207?thread=8310911&post=111165796#p111165796 I hope both or either of those links work.

Post 12

Baron Grim

One link works, one doesn't. Maybe this one will work. https://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/F105207?thread=8310911&post=111165796#p111165796 But probably not. Between 520 errors and being redirected to the Pliny front page but logged out and clicking log in or register and being sent to a broken page or just getting yet another 520 error page.... Ah, it!

Post 13

Baron Grim

It took me 15 attempts to post that. smiley - facepalm

Post 14

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Try F105207?thread=8310911&post=111165796#p111165796 Baron smiley - ok

Paul, yes, all swans in England belong to the Crown, this has been so since the 12th Century.

Key: Complain about this post