A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Lockdown.

Post 481

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Good question.smiley - erm

Lockdown.

Post 482

Baron Grim

Apparently the Biden administration reached out to Fox News executives regarding covid. A few Fox News personalities, including president of the Bitter Orange Tart fan club, Sean Hannity, have urged their viewers to take covid seriously, and discuss with their doctors about getting vaccinated. Hannity even said he "trusted the science". Ooh, that must tasted sour as it left his lips.

Lockdown.

Post 483

paulh, making lemonade from the lemons that life has given me

I hope my trailer p[ark association can have our annual meeting/election next week without the lockdown being reimposed.

Lockdown.

Post 484

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Well no more lockdown and it seems like the sky hasn't fallen. Hope everyone else is OK?

smiley - oksmiley - oksmiley - oksmiley - ok

Lockdown.

Post 485

Teasswill

I'm still feeling cautious - stats seem fairly level & we're in Summer hols. Hoping things won't get worse in September when schools back, adult meetings & classes restarting etc.

I so want to see my son & family again... currently 3 years since we've been face to face.

Lockdown.

Post 486

We have Covid *and* environmental craziness.

Extreme rain (like Germany) alternating with blistering heat.

Lockdown.

Post 487

Well it's half and half with the Covid precautions in the high street and elsewhere. Some do,a few don't.Cases are up as are deaths.Seems to be mainly the unvaccinated though. I still mask up and use the gel myself despite being double jabbed just to make sure I'm protecting others.

However I'm not sure if we are back to any sort of normality as yet. I notice that people are still socially distancing as groups especially on the beach.

I notice that the pub regulars are not returning in any numbers though.They seem to be either waiting or have found another hostelry.

smiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - ale

Lockdown.

Post 488

You can call me TC

I don't feel as though being double vaccinated should give me any privileges. Here in Germany however, they have introduced the concept of 3G: geimpft (vaccinated) genesen (recovered) getestet (have a negative test result less than 24 hrs old).

This may change as the incidence rates are rising rapidly. In our area it rocketed by 20 cases in 100000 per day last week. Scary.

Lockdown.

Post 489

You can call me TC

Sorry. Didn't explain very well. Anyone who is in one of those categories has basically all freedoms.

Still all wearing masks though.

Lockdown.

Post 490

Boston will still require masks indoors, except for private homes and churches and places where people can stay six feet apart.

There's an ice cream place where six feet is represented as the length of a cow smiley - laugh.

Just think of a line of people, each of them separated by a cow.

Lockdown.

Post 491

Teasswill

Most people seem to assess 2 m as 1.5 m at most. At choir rehearsal, when I got the measuring stick out, I had to shift all the chairs that someone else had started putting out.

I was intrigued to hear that our local church 'will no longer be socially distancing'. Apparently one side of the church you can sit as close as you like, if you wish to be distanced you sit on the other side of the aisle.
Doesn't make sense to me!

With cases still rising, albeit slowly, I still prefer to be masked, distanced & well ventilated. Fortunately most of my activities can be tailored to suit.

Lockdown.

Post 492

Teasswill

Just had a discussion with Mr T re lateral flow tests. I realise that you self report the result, so you don’t actually even need to do the test, you can just say it’s negative. Rather makes a mockery of having to 'prove' negative before eg attending an event.

Lockdown.

Post 493

I'm imaging an indoor trailer drive, where the cows have to march single file along a long corridor. The cows are six feet long, with people in between them. This maintains the required social distance, but also risks poop incidents smiley - evilgrin

Lockdown.

Post 494

Teasswill

I can see that things may be getting a little difficult in our interactions with other people & attending meetings/events. We went to a AmDram planning meeting on Friday, when I asked was told to bring a mask & chairs would be put out at the required distance.

We arrived wearing masks & went in to find no-one else wearing masks, to be told we could take them off if we wished. Window only opened when I asked if well ventilated & chairs seemed to be barely separated. Quite surprised that no-one else seemed bothered about distancing etc. Seems to be because vaccinated and/or recent lateral flow test.

Are we being over cautious? Strikes me that mask wearing, keeping at least some distance apart & good ventilation are just sensible precautions & not too much to ask.

Lockdown.

Post 495

Apparently there's C.1.2, a new variant with more mutations.

The papers on it have not been peer-reviewed yet.

I wonder what our Doctor Fauci will have to say about it.

I wear masks when indoors, even in church, where they aren't required (one of the loopholes). Though I take my mask off when I sing hymns.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more