The H2G2 logo, top left

Post 41

Gnomon - time to move on

Like this?

A27733016

The H2G2 logo, top left

Post 42

SashaQ - happysad

Hmm... Not sure... Do you have the 27 June one?

The H2G2 logo, top left

Post 43

Gnomon - time to move on

27 June 2011 was this:

A29028468

The H2G2 logo, top left

Post 44

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - eureka I think that was it - the Important News links are at the top, I recall mention of John the Baptist elsewhere as it is an Entry by Galaxy Babe, the stained glass window picture is more what I remember than a horse picture, and I recall the image of the Japanese fans smiley - ok

The H2G2 logo, top left

Post 45

You can call me TC

I don't remember the horse, either, but under "featured entries", your first example mentions Red Dwarf and that definitely was on the page I linked to.

Are we getting any nearer the answer to the problem?

The H2G2 logo, top left

Post 46

bobstafford

Nice work smiley - cheers

The H2G2 logo, top left

Post 47

Gnomon - time to move on

Are we getting anywhere nearer the source of the problem?

I don't think so. I thought it might be a corruption of dates, but the date of that page with the stained glass bears no relation to the date it was displayed so there must be some other explanation.

I investigated the possibility that someone other than me might have found the "Create a Named Entry" page and created a new FrontPage name or modified the existing one, but it turns out that wouldn't explain this problem.

Key: Complain about this post

The H2G2 logo, top left

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more