A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Can you all log in these days?

Post 1

Orcus

I ask because I cannot. If I wasn’t lucky enough to have this page open snd logged in on my phone I would have had to abandom hootoo some weeks ago. smiley - sadface

All other attmepts on all other browsers fail. It won’t let me reset my password either. Each attempt to log in just returns the log-in page back to the start...

I would have used the feedback page but it lools worryingly dormant

Post 2

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

I can but if I have issues I do go to the H2G2 facebook page and ask for info.

Post 3

Icy North

My phone prompted me to log in this morning - the first time for ages - so maybe something’s changed back-end.

Stupid question (apologies in advance) but you are using your user number as your login name, aren’t you?

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It's not a stupid question if it results in a successful log-in. smiley - smiley

Post 5

Sho - employed again!

I got asked to log in the other day too (well I realised it had logged me out so I had to log in to comment) but it worked ok.

Post 6

Wand'rin star

go to and they will magically fix it. smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 7

Baron Grim

Is it moderators@ or is it gurus@ ?
Is the gurus@ still an active email account?

Post 8

Wand'rin star

moderators. I don't know if gurus still exist as an entity. I was one myself many years ago. smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 9

Baron Grim

smiley - tasmiley - cheers

Post 10

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Modgurutors?

Post 11

bobstafford

Moggyrators is better smiley - cat

Post 12

ITIWBS

I can log in if I choose to, but have bookmarks set to log me in directly to Brunel and simply hit the bookmarks button if I'm accidentally logged out.

Post 13

Baron Grim

When the site requests that I (re)log in, I refresh the browser and that will normally fix whatever bug there is that does that. Maybe a cookie didn't load, whatever, but almost every time... actually, I think it has been every time, I'm logged in again.

That said, I did "log in" the other day to change my Nickname (expanded). I must say I was a bit nervous about whether I would be logged out or whether the change would apply (it didn't seem to and I had to change it a couple of times and reload pages to see it).

BG smiley - pirate

Post 14

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I had to log in a week or so back, for the first time, since... a long while ago, I'd quite forgotten the log in is still entirely broken, and not being fixed, so took ages to recall, and logged in using E-Mail as username, and my password, obviously for that field smiley - erm seems odd its not been fixed yet..

Post 15

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

I haven't fully logged in from the cold in several years. I do hope that FireFox has useful information buried in saved passwords. These can be readily extracted by a small program that I have.

Post 16

Orcus

Nope still won’t work no matter what I try - I shall try that email address thanks

Post 17

Baron Grim

Oh, yeah... you should have contacted them right away. They'll get you sorted. smiley - ok

Post 18

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Same thing for me. Logged off my phone about a week ago. Still OK on tablet and PC. Trying to remember my password, because resetting it wouldn't work for me either.

Post 19

ITIWBS

Definitely, contact moderators at h2g2.com ....

Post 20

Orcus

Well that finally worked, although the email from the moderators was a bit weird.

Apparently using your user number as your username has not been allowed since 2013! I've been doing that for *years* and have never been away.. ... beware Icy North smiley - winkeyesmiley - tongueout

And... welcome back? Never been away smiley - nahnah. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post