A Conversation for Ask h2g2

If you were French, who would you vote now?

Post 1

Maria

Macron is the fresh horse backed by the financial elite and will continue or worsen the situation.

So, to stop Le Pen French people will vote a politician whose neoliberals policies are the same that have created the economic mess that has made Le Pen harvest so many votes from, apparently, no hardcore fascists but ordinary citizens.

and a blank vote?

Post 2

Superfrenchie

Blank vote doesn't count, unfortunately.

So the lesser of the two evils, for me.

The one who, finance-lover as he is, at least doesn't hate others, doesn't want out of UE, doesn't want to Trumpise France.

Yes, he is newish to the world of politics, he is a former banker who's never held elected office before, but he won't be able to afford not compromising.

She could do so much more damage, and more durable.

Post 3

Baron Grim

It seems like a choice between greed vs. fear/hatred.

Trump combines these.

Post 4

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

My French relatives, and those over here who have votes, are behind Macron, and most of them have been since before voting began. The headline I just heard is interesting, though...

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Voting for someone you don't like all that much so you can stop someone you like even less, that's what my life as a voter has been all too often. And then the one you wanted to stop gets elected anyway, and the system continues to get distorted year by year, decade by decade. smiley - grr

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more