A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Don't know how to decide how to vote in the Referendum?

Post 381

bobstafford

The pressure for Referendum 2 is growing it looks to be the best outcome, today's news is providing some hope of a solution to this mess.

Post 382

Is mise Duncan

Unfortunately only the ruling party can call a referendum and as things stand they won't.
Unless the criminal investigation of the referendum funding throws up something that is too big to ignore they have no incentive so to do.

Post 383

Hoovooloo

@Teasswill:
"I don't think the age groups are that significant either"

Then you think wrong.

The significant age-correlated skew in the voting is not a matter of opinion. This isn't me saying "this is what I think is going to happen" or even "this is what I think happened", it's me saying "this is what multiple independent sources of publicly available statistics say definitely happened", and moving on from there.

It's an interesting observation, though - the attitude that feelings trump facts is part of the reason we're in this mess. When Michael Gove goes to his grave, the phrase he will be remembered for is "had enough of experts". What a legacy.

Post 384

Hoovooloo

"Unless the criminal investigation of the referendum funding throws up something that is too big to ignore they have no incentive so to do"

Even then, all that would happen is some scapegoat would be found, prosecuted and slapped on the wrist.

You know what would stop Brexit? Riots. Riots like the ones that got the poll tax reverse. It's literally the only thing I can think of now. The problem is that the sort of people who riot are the ones who voted Leave.

Post 385

Sol

Well. Today was fun, wasn't it?

(Congrats, Hoo!)

Post 386

Hoovooloo

Yes. Thanks! smiley - ok

Post 387

Hoovooloo

Well, time has moved on again. We passed the deadline, and the other one, and now a third is looming.

And I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen.

Anyone care to speculate?

Post 388

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

It's going to be the scariest halloween in years, I'm afraid.

Maybe order some earmuffs, goggles and sturdy boots, just in case.

Post 389

possible options:

Resurrection of Hadrians wall, with border patrol? (Maybe hire some Romans for that)

Declaration of the Gaelic republic of Scotland and Ireland?

Post 390

Orcus

The political end of Boris Johnson I hope, if nothing else.

Post 391

Yesterday I heard about a Brexit watch event being organised on the beach (Netherlands). In case the UK will sink in the ocean, or just to wave goodbye to an old friend.

Post 392

Currently, 10.000 people have said they will come. Another 65.000 are interested.

Post 393

Teasswill

Will there be loads of little boats leaving the UK?

Post 394

Scotland proposed a direct ferry link from Scotland to The Netherlands. Is it a preparation for independence?

Post 395

Orcus

I expect it was just so they don't have to travel hundreds of miles to England before getting on one. The most southerly truly populous Scottish towns (Glasgow/Edinburgh) are over 80 miles north of the border.

Key: Complain about this post