A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What will supper be?

Post 761

paulh, not fond of Lord Mudpants

I haven't settled on an exact recipe for tonight's supper yet, but pasta and turkey meatballs will be involved, plus the usual green beans and zucchini form my garden.

What will supper be?

Post 762

Rev Nick - give me poutine, or give me death

Got a busy afternoon, I may cheat for supper. A nice little Chinese buffet place.

What will supper be?

Post 763

Monday was a simple supper of an egg fried over-easy and resting on a slice of toast. Accompanied by fried thick-sliced bologna and some baked beans. And no supper is complete without some icy cold smiley - milk.

Tuesday will be simple baked Atlantic salmon fillet, lightly seasoned and then dusted with fine bread crumbs to seal in moisture. Side dishes of a long grain rice, and some mixed veggies from frozen. This combination makes for easy re-heating for the Mrs Rev when her work day ends around 10 PM - as well as taking left-overs to work the next day.

She only has one problem with taking my food stuffs to work. Every day, co-workers come sniffing around her to see what delight she has. As compared to their quickly aquired McD's or Tim Horton's stuff. For some odd reason, most of these people never think to make something the night before, or even wake early enough to make a simple fried egg sandwich for their lunch, or a generous sandwich of sliced cold meats. With simple fresh fruit (easy to find) as accompaniment.

What will supper be?

Post 764

At my house, Summer meals start when I go to my garden looking for beans or squash or greens.

What will supper be?

Post 765

ITIWBS

B'fast: a pint of fresh blueberries drowned in a cup of yogurt.

No plans for supper yet.

What will supper be?

Post 766

ITIWBS

Two, single serving size, "Mama Rosa's" sausage, pepperoni pizza, with extra cheese.

What will supper be?

Post 767

I just finished supper, which was seafood curry.

What will supper be?

Post 768

ITIWBS

smiley - lurkShrimp Scampi with asparagus beans, diced romano tomato and fettucini.smiley - lurk

What will supper be?

Post 769

Not quite supper related, but am busy with some food preparations. In 1977, I met a sweet little 5 year old - and have thought of her as a daughter ever since. On Saturday, she finally marries, and has asked me to walk her down the aisle.

Being non-traditional in most ways, their meal of choice is a taco bar. To accompany that, I am making 3 large pans of salads. One is potato, one is pasta with tinned tuna, and one is pasta with ham and cheese.

Tuesday, I boiled 2 dozen eggs - hoping for at least 16 to 18 clean peels. Wednesday, I peeled them and succeeded in getting 18 very tidy ones. Also Wednesday, I grated about 3/4 pound of a local medium cheddar cheese, chopped much of a large ham steak into nibble bits, chopped 2 very large sweet white onions, thin sliced 3 large oranges (pasta decor/topping) and thinner sliced about 2/3 cup of radishes (potato salad decor/topping)

Today, Thursday, I cook off about 9 pounds of white potatoes to grate once chilled, and also cook off 3 large packages of rotini pasta. Two tins of tuna await travel on Friday with everything else, 2 large jars of mayonnaise, a couple sorts of seasonings, and an assortment of utensils. The end goal is to serve 100 people.

What will supper be?

Post 770

smiley - drool

What will supper be?

Post 771

At this time, there are 3 disposable aluminium pans in a fridge. 10" x 15" x 3" . . . each with about 2.5" of content. One is just the grated spuds, the other two contain cooked but nekkid rotini pasta. To be mixed and blended at the venue.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more