A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What will supper be?

Post 881

paulh, not fond of Lord Mudpants

Another serving of chicken picadillo.

What will supper be?

Post 882

ITIWBS

Yesterday's hash, with a handful each of peanuts and pumpkin seeds and an ounce of sauerkraut for extra zing.

Tomorrow the same, without the sauerkraut, but a pint of fluffy white rice and soy sauce.

What will supper be?

Post 883

Rev Nick - give me poutine, or give me death

Today's shrimp were called "wild" and a product of Mexico. There were also Pacific shrimp, but I generally find Pacific sea foods very strong of flavour - too strong for my liking. "Easy to peel" was a blatant lie, but the end result was very tasty and a really satisfying crunch of the breading. 17 items, no tail, and 3 to 4 bites each.

And it has been quite a while since I have had a really good sauerkraut. Mrs Rev won't touch the stuff, and though I assisted with atleast a dozen of good batches as a youth - - - far too much material and effort for just one person with an occasional taste and want.

What will supper be?

Post 884

I haven't narrowed down tonight's menu yet, but whatever it is, there will be elbow macaroni and turkey meatballs in it.

What will supper be?

Post 885

Sunday evening was a pot-luck dinner for the Mrs Rev and her church choir. She organizes one each year. I was too weak of limb to attend, but for their benefit . . .

A nice dish of cubed potatoes cooked in the deep fryer and lightly seasoned. Not one cube came home.

A crock-pot of home and from scratch baked beans. The bacon quality, and the molasses (or treacle) really add depth. A couple of cloves of fine chopped garlic and a few splashes of hickory liquid smoke were the clincher. Barely one serving came back.

She provided about 30 mini cupcakes, different flavours and frostings. Not one of those survived either.

What will supper be?

Post 886

I will still be eating portions of the turkey meatballs and macaroni.

(Sorry, my life is kind of boring)

What will supper be?

Post 887

My previous visit to the butcher shop provided a 1-lb package of ground veal. And I have about 1/4 lb of bratwurst sausage meat. I was thinking meatballs, but am too lazy. Simple burgers, I think.

What will supper be?

Post 888

I had a "Power Play" Burger at B. Good for lunch. It consists of a hamburger patty, some avocado, some bacon, a fried egg, cheese, and whole wheat bread.

What will supper be?

Post 889

Not sure about the avacado, but all else sounds pretty good. My burgers were tender, moist, cooked to full-done and gosh darned tasty.

There is a catered company Christmas dinner on Saturday, and while the menu does not really appeal to me - I keep an open mind and hopes. So today and tomorrow will be the process of a fresh batch of beef jerky, while pondering what I might do for a Sunday supper.

Key: Complain about this post

What will supper be?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more