A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What will supper be?

Post 801

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm planning to have pork chili.

What will supper be?

Post 802

ITIWBS

Country & western style fried green beans, cabbage and onion with diced roast beef and potatoes hash.

What will supper be?

Post 803

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Change of supper plan - Ol' Maw Nature is likely to throw wetness at us tomorrow. So the breakfast for dinner can await a wet day.

Today has a very large Spanish onion to slice thin, and mix with a fair measure of similarly thin sliced white mushrooms. To bake with a little butter and seasonings on the upper shelf of the propane BBQ (grill).

To go along with left-over pasta salad and a pair of 6-oz filet mignon cuts - flamed to medium / medium-rare on said propane BBQ / grill.

What will supper be?

Post 804

Drat, supper fizzled a little. The flame tubes of our gas grill must be partly clogged with something as the flames were very low despite plenty of propane. Instead of achieving a temperature of about 475F, it barely held 360F. The mushrooms were done, and with extra time, the beef was pretty nice too. But the onions were just a bit under-done . . . In all though, not too bad.

What will supper be?

Post 805

The chili was great!

Not sure what to have tonight

What will supper be?

Post 806

An assortment of left-over things. She had a taste for simple hamburgers and bought buns. I had 2.5 left-over burgers of our making in the freezer, and so thawed them.

She simply buries one in ketchup (red sauce). I like many options, and this time, the layers are:

- bun base
- sauteed mushrooms and onions from Saturday steak dinner
- warmed burger
- a slice of peameal bacon from Sunday 'supper'
- a slice of cheese that some call 'American cheese' (Canadian made)
- top bun

Nuke the stack slow and gentle to warm the fungii, roots, bacon and cheese

What will supper be?

Post 807

ITIWBS

3 egg microwave poached scramble
6 oz. roast beef hash
hot whole multigrain bread
dessert, 14 oz diced mango mixed with a cup of large curd cottage cheese

What will supper be?

Post 808

ITIWBS

A casserole of noodles, roast beef and pepperoni in beef stock with basil, carrots, tomatoes and chili pepper; soda crackers and a salad of cucumber, tomato and avocado on the side.

What will supper be?

Post 809

I expect to sup on some sort of Tuscan stew, complete with sausages, potatoes, cannellini, and the usual garden veggies.

What will supper be?

Post 810

Sunday supper:

- a 2.5 lb pork loin roast, lightly rubbed with seasonings, roasting in a Romertopff with some potatoes, carrots and onions. ( helps build a good stock for gravy )

- simple mashed potatoes, with a little cream and butter worked in

- carrots simmered to al dente

- and of course, the gravy from the stock and a little flour & water slurry as a thickener

- also the mandatory icy cold smiley - milk, which helps to wash down the 6 or 7 medications and supplements that I take with supper.

What will supper be?

Post 811

Tonight's supper was Biryani, augmented with the usual zucchini and green beans from my garden....

What will supper be?

Post 812

My next real cooked meal will be Wednesday. Though we had a fine feast of lobster and filet mignon after a recent wedding - I will still make dinner for our 31st wedding anniversary. Simple but tasty.

- 3 to 3.5 lb chicken, seasoned and roasted in the Romertopff with spuds and carrots as a broth bed, some onion stuffed inside

- cubed potatoes fried in a black iron pan with a little butter, salt, pepper, rosemary and parsley (?) Herbs to be chosen as I go.

- sweet corn from frozen, with a little butter and salt when ready

- my own bread stuffing (dried and chopped bread, onions, celery, garlic, seasoned salt, poultry seasoning blend) baked in a loaf pan

- all preceded by a pre-chopped garden salad of iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, radish and carrots

- dessert unknown yet

What will supper be?

Post 813

Sunday was a very breezy and unseasonably cool day as we await the remnants of 'tropical depression Gordon'. But before our season runs out once more - we did up our usual sirloin steak (26-oz), baked spuds and a couple of pans with mushrooms and onions. All on the propane BBQ

What will supper be?

Post 814

Last night, my supper was loosely based on chicken cacciatore. I used tons of green beans and zucchini from my garden, along with macaroni, chicken, tomatoes, celery, onion, and herbs.

What will supper be?

Post 815

Thursday supper:

We have a seasoned dry crumbing to coat pork or chicken. Two very generous butterfly pork (loin) chops. I cut the fat off with some lean into thick strips. They got coated separately, and sooooo tasty.

Packaged mix of fettuccine alfredo, that call for water and milk and butter. The 'milk' was a mixture of 1/3 cream and 2/3 milk, making the sauce very rich.

And simple kernel corn from frozen, dusted with a little salt.

What will supper be?

Post 816

Butterfly pork chops?

smiley - flyingpig

What will supper be?

Post 817

A thick measure of pork loin that is sliced almost all the way through the thickness, and splayed open - roughly resembling a butterfly with spread wings.

Sunday was our common baked Atlantic salmon, with roasted garlic mashed potatoes. A small side measure of mixed veggies from frozen.

Monday supper was our common honey/garlic pork sausages, with a rice pilaf with a little corn (from frozen) mixed in. Buttered bread and a glass of smiley - milk.

Tuesday will be a quiche - I haven't made one in a couple of years. The usual eggs with a blend of milk & cream, some small cut sweet ham, onions and portobello fungus, and a mix of shredded cheeses. With simple buttered toast.

Also during Tuesday, I have to boil some potatoes and some eggs, and as the day progresses - make a fair sized bowl of potato salad for her work-place tomorrow.

What will supper be?

Post 818

Tonight I will have Portagee Soup. Sausages, kidney beans, potatoes, and tomato sauce broth.

What will supper be?

Post 819

ITIWBS

Polish sausages, sauerkraut, corn chips, zucchini salad.

What will supper be?

Post 820

Salad assembled. Quiche and stuffed fungii caps were excellent.

I really have to stop being so lucky with the outcomes.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more