A Conversation for Ask h2g2

This thread has been closed

Is it time to talk about the elephant in the room?

Post 81

Pink Paisley

Just pointing out that it works just fine.

PP.

Post 82

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I'm afraid none of the Ripley skins are working fine. That's as far as I understand not a fault of the skins but of Ripley itself. We have said it already very often: Ripley is dying and there is nothing anyone can do to fix it. It's just too old.

Removed

Post 83

h2g2 Community Editors

This post has been removed.

Post 84

U14993989

I just want to say that I think the community editors, the volunteers, Scouts, Sub-Editors, artists and all contributors are brilliant. I have always thought this and I will continue to think this. Just saying smiley - cheers

Post 85

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

smiley - applause

Post 86

Alfster

H2G2 Future - Community Editors

Wow, you actually went into and checked statistics on this?

This amazes me that you have spent time on this...I wish you would put similar effort into the explaining moderation reasons and then we would know specifically what we can and can't post rather than having to constantly guess what to remove from a post, post it then get it hidden again because we haven;t removed the offending bit.

This takes more of our time and 'your' time. If moderation was done by highlighting the offending text we would all have more time to do useful things on this site.

However, the mantra about 'not discussing moderation' always appears...yes, it's a bug bear of mine and it's why I post less and less serious stuff on this site and get into major discussions and prefer to just post fluff.

Oh dear...more topic drift.

Removed

Post 87

Rudest Elf

Removed

Post 88

Rudest Elf

Hidden

Post 89

h2g2 Community Editors

Due to some researchers using this thread to harass the volunteers, we find we must reluctantly close this thread.

There are appropriate Feedback forums where all reasonable points will be gratefully received.

Removed

Post 90

h2g2 Communications

On behalf of the volunteer teams, I hereby issue the following correction. This is to state for clarification that Rudest Elf U229466 has in the past acted as a curator. The database logs show that he did update entries between mid-November 2011 and late March 2012.

After Rudest Elf stated he had never been an official volunteer, and had been inactive for several months, his curator permissions were removed.

We are sorry for any confusion caused by conflicting information presented while we got to the bottom of this. We deeply appreciate the contributions of all volunteers, past and present.

Happy Nerd
h2g2 Communications Team

Key: Complain about this post