A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Post Natal Abortions

Post 41

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

Sorry to be pedantic, but it wasn't published in the BMJ. It was published in the Journal of Medical Ethics. It's part of the BMJ group, but it's not itself the BMJ. I'd accept that Kant and Bill'n'Ted are operating in a Christian tradition, but they're not obviously Christian themselves.

I don't think it's a particularly good paper, but I think there's just enough there to warrant publication.

Post Natal Abortions

Post 42

CASSEROLEON

While we are being pedantic, Jesus was not a Christian..

None of us can follow ourselves.. And most of the time we think of ourselves from a frontal forward sensing perspective, which is the focus of our interaction with life. People who follow behind get a very different view.

Cass

Post Natal Abortions

Post 43

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

Like the Frenchman following his donkey said:

'Je suis ce que je suis.'

(Suivre. Geddit? smiley - smiley)

Post Natal Abortions

Post 44

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

A teacher was angry with a stupid pupil, and got him to stand at the front of the room holding a sign: "Je suis un âne."

A while later, while he was writing on the board, he heard laughter. He looked around, and saw that the boy was following him.

TRiG.smiley - whistle

Post Natal Abortions

Post 45

CASSEROLEON

In the French context- the rear view of donkeys might help to explain why genitiala and excrement seem to feature so prominently in French culture.

I always think how appropriate the Coq is as a national emblem.. Perhaps only the Coq could boast about being perched on the top of a dunghill.

Post Natal Abortions

Post 46

pedro

<>

It was Lord Gill, the Scottish law lord iirc. A fairly staunch Catholic. He found that having a baby wasn't a bad thing, but compensated the mother for the cost of bringing up the baby.

Post Natal Abortions

Post 47

CASSEROLEON

pedro

Thanks for that extra information.. I suppose actual costs were in order in a Civil action.

Cass

Post Natal Abortions

Post 48

Well if *I* have any more I'm ever suing or divorcing.smiley - whistle

There's little chance, however. I was done by a visiting professor who trained under Indira Gandhi. He was very thorough and used a special technique that involved excision rather than tying (although you couldn't see a vas deferens. ba dam TISH). I should have charged admission the number of folk who crowded into the room to watch.

And he never even gave me a free radio!

Post Natal Abortions

Post 49

CASSEROLEON

Edward the Bonobo

So it would be a case of divorcing without having tied the knot?

A propos the free gifts in the Indian birth control programme I understand that the men found the free condoms very good for keeping their tobacco dry...

Cass

Post Natal Abortions

Post 50

Oh, they have all sorts of uses. Transportation for goldfish. Fancy dress costume.* Emergency shower cap...

* Just stick it on your nose. When someone asks who you've come as, say smiley - shrug 'F_ck nose.'

smiley - run

Post Natal Abortions

Post 51

Incidentally...if anyone is considering having someone take a blade to their scrotum and wiggle their finger around in the bloody, gaping wound - I'd highly recommend it. I'm no saying I'd ave it done *every* day, but it was remarkably untraumatic.

The only glitch was when a couple of weeks ago I felt a wee swelling. (cue 'unexpected item in the bagging area' joke) which wasn't painful but which I feared might be an infection. So I went and had it checked out. I was given the OK...but the Dr said something really strange:

'It will probably leave a scar, I'm afraid.'

Cmoooon! They were hardly my most attractive feature in the first place!

Post Natal Abortions

Post 52

Rod

A bag of goolies and a worm
Are sure to make the ladies squirm

Post Natal Abortions

Post 53

swl

The other side of vasectomies.

1)I have a wonderful wee sister smiley - biggrin Which surprised my parents.
2)I've been in pain & discomfort for ten years since I got mine done.

Post Natal Abortions

Post 54

Have you tried a different style of underpants?

Post Natal Abortions

Post 55

swl

There's other styles than white?

Post Natal Abortions

Post 56

I've never understood Y-fronts. Can anyone even manage to manoeuvre themselves through the convoluted route in the front?

Post Natal Abortions

Post 57

CASSEROLEON

Well this might be another way to keep everyone in stitches!

But in addition to the question of underpants I was interested to see an article recently about the ubiquitousness of jeans. Jeans have neither the kindest cloth nor the kindest "cut" in the crutch. Perhaps I just have the cheap ones but there usually seems to be a confluence of rough seams right there where a little gentleness might be more appreciable- unless one were a frotteurist.

Cass

Post Natal Abortions

Post 58

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

I have never found jeans comfortable. I own none.

As for Y-fronts: http://www.bilerico.com/2007/09/telephones_puberty_and_penis_facts.php

TRiG.smiley - winkeye

Post Natal Abortions

Post 59

Z

I currently believe that the GMC should amend 'Duties of a Doctor' to include 'listening to your parents contraceptive issues'. Yes, I've got the full story of my fathers vasectomy, more than once.

1 in 200 vasectomies fail, which is why one is advised to use condoms until providing two samples of ejaculate to confirm that you are sterile.

Post Natal Abortions

Post 60

CASSEROLEON

Coming back to the OP- and ignoring the purely ethical/philosophical/"exception that proves the rule"/devil's advocate aspect - what was the charge that was applied in the recent case in South Wales?

I believe that the accused was convicted of both murder and "child destruction" since the foetus was two weeks from term. My wife told me just now that her nephew's wife gave birth in Switzerland last week two weeks early having done a tobogan run that obviously persuaded the baby to get out and join the thrills and spills of life.

And, having attended the birth of our two children, I would say that their personalities (now 39 and 34)are pretty consistent with what they were like when they arrived.

Cass

Key: Complain about this post