A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How long has it been since you were a Newbie?

Post 61

Gnomon - time to move on

NexusSeven, if you look at your Personal Space in Brunel, you'll see the date it was created at the top: 7 Aug 2000.

My Editor superpowers tell me that that was in fact the date you joined, and that you registered with h2g2 at 11:16am GMT.

Post 62

Gnomon - time to move on

I bought my first home computer in 1980 - it was an Apple ][+ (two plus). It had 48 kilobytes of memory.

My first PC - running IBM PC DOS 3.3 - was at the end of 1990.

Post 63

NexusSeven

Ooops, I think I just outed myself as an Alabustard. smiley - winkeye

Post 64

nicki

I joined July or August 2004. Just before going to uni.

Post 65

Yelbakk

Yelbakk saw the light of hootoo on 2nd June 2000. That means I am more then 11 years old now. I considered myself a newbe for about half a year. Then I became mostly a lurker. I meant to join the procrastinators group, but never actually made the effort.

Y.

Post 66

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Feb 2005. Much has changed, much hasn't.

Post 67

U173821

Well, current Id seems to have been somewhere around October 2001 although I wasn't ace'd until April 2002 - by Marjin for those who remember him.
Plaguesville was the first person to drop by and leave a message, 2Legs the second person - and I stayed even with that introduction to here smiley - smiley

Prior user (U153662), the earliest post I have found is Sept 2000 but that user is long dormant and is not connected to its posts anymore so I can't really tell when it was created.

Do I get a prize for longest period between joining and being ace'd? 6 months I make it -ish.

Post 68

HonestIago

I've never been aced - I came over from Talk Buffy and they didn't do ACEings.

So I'm 8, nearly 9 years without being aced (and I can't quite believe I've been using this place for so long.

Post 69

aka Bel - A87832164

No, there are people who were aced a lot later. Some had been members for years and we only posted and ace welcome as a joke because they asked for one. smiley - smiley

Post 70

U173821

ah well, there's always someone worse off than yourself, isn't there?

Post 71

McKay The Disorganised

I've tried this and I can't see the date my page was created - though I suspect it was after I'd been in other conversations.

smiley - cider

Post 72

hygienicdispenser

McKay, you joined on 15th Aug 2002.smiley - ok

Post 73

McKay The Disorganised

smiley - cool

Thanks CID

smiley - cider

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more