A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Occupy h2g2

Post 101

Effers;England.

Your perception kea about ruination...that's a very loaded phrase for dissing an argument though. Without actual logical and rational explanation.

I will be entirely happy at any point to discuss this kind of thing on *my space* with you at any time. But we need to stop all that here now. Before long they will be banning me if this goes on...smiley - cry

Yes I agree silliness needs to return.

Absolutely...Lets all go off to the seaside for the day.

Occupy h2g2

Post 102

Effers;England.

Happy Nerd I *don't know* what occupy h2g2 means.

No-one has explained.

And a new person would have left by now.

Occupy h2g2

Post 103

Only if they were completely ignorant of world affairs and absolutely determined to stay that way, Effers.

Occupy h2g2

Post 104

taliesin

I'm preoccupied smiley - erm

Occupy h2g2

Post 105

Effers;England.

>Only if they were completely ignorant of world affairs and absolutely determined to stay that way, Effers. <

I've been obsessed with world affairs all my life. I was already telling my father to invest my savings into a Japanese unit trust at 9..I made a heck of a money.

You are about as far from the truth about me as anyone could be.

But I shan't bother with simplistic discussion.

Occupy h2g2

Post 106

Sol

Hey look! I finally got a few minutes to have a hunt around, and it appears we do have an #occupylondon I really must turn the news on and stop relying on twitter.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/occupy-London

Is this where your friend is, Effers?

Occupy h2g2

Post 107

Sol

Well that first link doesn't work, how about this?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/22/occupy-london-protest-st-pauls

Occupy h2g2

Post 108

Effers;England.

The link doesn't work.

And no she wouldn't be there anyway. She just went for the first day. She's getting too old she said for all the stuff.

She's a brilliant artist though..and a bit famous. Some of her work is to do with this stuff...especially BP smiley - snork

Other friends of mine are well aware of what's happening there and in contact via mobiles.

Occupy h2g2

Post 109

Effers;England.

Hey thanks for second link.

Excellent photo.

Yep it's a great thing they are doing...but it's very British smiley - biggrin

Occupy h2g2

Post 110

Effers;England.

I just heard on the radio that they are setting up a second camp.

(I've still to hear 'Occupy Wall street' mentioned on the music station I listen to..it's all about what we are doing here.).

Occupy h2g2

Post 111

Sol

Is it? The impression I got that it's very much similar to the occupy USA movement in that they aren't marching, they aren't looting, they are just making their presence known. Isn't that what the point it? To not be the disenvoiced 99%.

Occupy h2g2

Post 112

Effers;England.

Yeah but why is everyone connecting it to anything going on in the US?

People here are doing their thing to do with the City of London. The biggest financial thing in Europe.

I didn't even know they were doing it in the US.

Anyway China pulls the strings now. They could pull the plug on the US anytime they wanted. They like having that market of course. But they have that power..and the whole world now knows that.

Occupy h2g2

Post 113

The House Republicans are attempting to defund the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. This will have repercussions throughout the entire media sector, including the Internet.

occupyh2g2

Occupy h2g2

Post 114

I demand adjustable time stamping for individual researchers.

#occupyh2g2

Occupy h2g2

Post 115

Effers;England.

When I understand what 'Occupy' really means, ie someone is able to spell it out like for say my mother, people with learning difficulties, people who rarely listen to the news, people who are too busy doing stuff like farming..and many others who won't have a clue, I'll have some interest or not.

I want new h2g2 to be as wide ranging as possible as something for people to feel at home with. And not made to feel stupid because they are ECCENTRICS.

Eccentricity is an English tradition. I also came across the same in Outback Australia. Anhaga has linked me to Canadian Outsiders/Eccentrics as well.

People like that won't have a clue what 'Occupy' refers to.

Occupy h2g2

Post 116

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Me too, although I have no idea what that is.

Occupy h2g2

Post 117

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

That was a response to HN (and a hint for an explanation).

Occupy h2g2

Post 118

Here is a handy map to find events which are springing up all over the world in solidarity with the original Occupy Wall Street event:

http://www.meetup.com/occupytogether/

occupyh2g2

Occupy h2g2

Post 119

And look at the map, there seems to be a couple of new events that are springing up on a little island way, way off the coast of Connecticut.

occupyh2g2

Occupy h2g2

Post 120

Also look at this list of all the people occupying in each place. That's very inspiring.

http://www.meetup.com/occupytogether/?see_all=1

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more