A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Are lizards behind the New World Order on Our Doorstep?

Post 1121

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

we are the leader.

Post 1122

Taff Agent of kaos

all hail the leader

smiley - bat

Post 1123

we are legion lettuce leader

Post 1124

Taff Agent of kaos

the NWO is realy the LLLsmiley - wow

smiley - bat

Post 1125

Ivan the Terribly Average

The Lutheran Laymen's League? I've never trusted them...

Post 1126

Lowestoft Ladies lime-dancers?

Post 1127

Taff Agent of kaos

lime dancers????????

smiley - bat

Post 1128

Lime dancers are the evil workponys of the NWO and teh LLL

Post 1129

kuzushi

What does lime-dancing involve? Sounds fruity

Post 1130

kuzushi

<<
Well, I wish he would come back, this was just getting interesting.

I, for one, will be refusing any kind of flu shot.
I don't necessarily join up the dots in the same way as mac, but there are certainly several things going on that we should be aware of.
>>

What things are they?

Post 1131

Don't think I'll be needing the piggy flu shot either... Unless I'm much mistaken I've just had a random dose of the piggy flue that came and went easily enough smiley - ermsmiley - weird

Mind, I'm still worried about this microschip in my head the alien lime dancers put there smiley - alienfrown

Post 1132

Tumsup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRuMWkhwlUo

Post 1133

Alfster

Everyone should have the flu shot. Although the current is mild for most people there is a chance that it may mutate into a worse strain and become fatal for more people.

Although the vaccine being produced for this strain would in all likelihood be a perfect defence against the new strain (a vaccine for that strain would be required) the vaccine for the mild strain may well give some protection.

Although we are fortunate that the current strain is very mild people are being lulled into a false sense of security as there is not the realisation that if the strain mutated into a worse strain we could all be in serious trouble.

It could of course mutate into a less virulent strain which would be nice...the problem is at the moment with the willy-nilly handing out of Tamiflu the virus is getting more bites of the cherry to become immune to the Tamiflu which we do not want to happen.

Post 1134

Alfster

Addendum to that post...yes, if you have had pig flu I do not think one needs the jab...the problem is many people will think they have had it but have not and may not have the jab - catch 22 situation.

Post 1135

Todaymueller

I know that infections get resistant to antibiotics but does that apply to viruses as well . ie. Do they become resistant to drugs [ Tamiflu ].??

Post 1136

Alfster

Yes they can get resistant. It really just means they evolve/mutate into something that the immune system cannot attack.

Post 1137

Todaymueller

You will have to excuse my igorance on medical matters but , correct me if I am wrong . Infections grow resistant to the antibiotic being used say tetracycline . But do viruses do this or is it that they mutate independantly and then the drugs are no longer effective ?
What I am trying to get at is does over use of tamiflu make any difference .
Personally I will be having the jab given the opertunity .
Its not a plot by the NWO to enslave us all to the alien lizards !

Post 1138

Alfster

'Infections' grow resistant by mutating. When bacteria multiply/reproduce, just like any other organism, there is always the chance that the DNA produced by the RNA may have a few 'faults' in the replication and the DNA code will be slightly different.

'Normally' these changes are small and the 'organism' isstill similar enough to the previous form to be killed by the function of the tetracycline. This strain therefore will be killed by the tetracycline and probably not survive at all or just multiple and be like the previous strain.

However, there is always the chance the DNA changes to such an extent that the functionality of the Tetracycline that killed the previous strain does not kill this one and it survives making the tetracycline ineffective.

The phrase 'grow resistant' is a bit of a misnomer in that it is random chance that a mutation will make a drug ineffective. Since the bacteria and virus' multiple very quickly there is more chance of seeing a mutation occurring.

So, yes over use of Tamiflu 'may' make a difference. THe problem is it's very unpredictable.

A virology expert was on Radio 4 PM today.
Listen again not up yet but worth listening to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ly63n

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ly63n

Post 1139

The NWO created swine flue, just like they created bird flue, and caused deathstorm 08, pretty inaffectual so far... but maybe they're getting better... smiley - evilgrinsmiley - snork
smiley - weird

Post 1140

Todaymueller

Oh yes , death storm 08 I am survivor of that .
Its still not completely clear to me about the antibiotic resistant infections [ say TB ] . I was under the impression that over perscription of the antibiotics was a major factor in the TB becoming resistant . ie. it was not just a random mutation .
Would over perscription of tamiflu have the same effect bearing in mind that it [ h1n1 ] is a virus .

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more