A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Search for the Secret Smiley

Post 121

Effers;England.

smiley - laugh well that should come in useful then on the God threads.

Post 122

Baron Grim

What's fun is thinking about how many ancient threads are now retroactively decorated with these new smileys.

There were just scads of smiley - sighs and smiley - shrugs used over the years.

Post 123

IctoanAWEWawi

Effers: yes, could be! A one smiley post to indicate that the other poster is being a tad apocolytpic!

Post 124

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Am I the only firefox-goo user who can't see the new smileys? I've tried Plain, Brunel and Alabaster and can see most of them. I *despise* them all Goo is the way, 'blue screen of death and allsmiley - winkeye.

Maybe I should just smiley - zen and wait as patiently as a patient thing smiley - silly

Oh I can see (and use) smiley - drumroll but that's the only one smiley - cry

Post 125

Effers;England.

>There were just scads of smiley - sigh and smiley - shrug used over the years.<

smiley - laugh Yes, SoRB used a lot of smiley - shrugs and Vicky/Della smiley - sighs

Post 126

Yvonne aka india

When I'm using Goo, I can see the drum roll. For pggb and the can of wormsI just get that text as a link to the smiley site. For the rest, just blank space.

Post 127

pedro

The shrug smiley reminds me of the marshmallow man in Ghostbusters.smiley - erm

Post 128

Icy North

... or the Gingerbread Man

Run, run, as fast as you can... smiley - shrug

Post 129

pedro

'It was the first thing that came to mind'

Post 130

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - whistle

Secrets of the Smiley Search

Post 131

Baron Grim

Jazz smiley - shrug Hands!

Post 132

Effers;England.

yep I do like the new smileys but they will defo get used here I think, creatively; it's what we do best.

The smiley - shrug eyes look a bit terrified and hysterical, but when you shrug it's usually a kind of confident 'so what' in real life...maybe the emphasis should have been more on the mouth? smiley - erm

Post 133

Baron Grim

Too late now.

Post 134

Malabarista - now with added pony

I was going more for a helpless shrug smiley - laugh

Post 135

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

smiley - shrug typical, I take a little break and the smiley - hamster from Top Gear appears smiley - drool

Post 136

Baron Grim

Yea, "shrug" is one of those things that are variable as smiley - bleep... like the word smiley - bleep...

so useful, yet so open to intonation and nuance.

Post 137

KB

Depends what kind of shrug it is. It could be "Well I can't do anything about it", "I haven't a clue", or "So? Tell someone who cares!"

I think this one is a *great* "search me!" shrug.

Post 138

Icy North

Then there's the Gallic shrug, which means "I can understand you, but you didn't say it in French"

Post 139

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyeits more like a 80 cigs a day personsmiley - winkeye

no disrespect to smokers and non smokerssmiley - biggrin

Post 140

KB

Aren't you confusing that with "English paranoia", Icy? smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more