A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Jesus is coming back. Get ready.

Post 5541

tucuxii

I find the thought that I am merely a fleeting sentient manifestation of a unimaginably vast universe very comforting when I go it will continue = come into the Total Perstective Vortex the karmas lovely and you gey a piece of cake smiley - biggrin

Post 5542

tucuxii

......correct spelling and grammar are merely an illusion

Post 5543

ITIWBS

...relevant an impulse I often feel when I find a typo has slipped past me despite everything... ...imagery, autistic child beating head on wall in rage and frustration over self-disappointment... ...still, one tries... smiley - zen

Post 5544

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Hmmm... back to a few posts ago...
I guess its the one reason I never really 'get' religion, as in understanding why, one would, be part of one...

Those sort of ideas, based on one 'getting comfort from . . .', etc... the kinda what happens 'after we've gone', type things; whether its the belief in ever-perpetual afterlives, reincarnation or, I guess, molecules being recycled.... I kinda don't have any thoughts whatsoever, and can't kinda see why I would have, regarding what, where and why, happens to any of my molecules once I'm no longer using them, its... just kinda irrelivent... and simularly, once I'm 'gone', afterlives, reincarnations etc, I guess the me that is me, now, ain't gona be the me that is the me in those 'states', so, again, its just irrelivent to me...

-
if it were relivent to me, then, following the same logic, I oughta be really closely folliwing and tracing each and every skin cell, bit of hair, and wahtever else, which has, at one time, or another been part of this what I laughingly call 'my body'... its... just weird smiley - alienfrown and I can't see how that does the 'giving comfort' thing, whether in the religious type 'what happens after', sort of way, or, indeed, the more scientific molecules and energy being reused/recycled.... smiley - weird afterall.... none of it vaguely helps, or attempts to explain the price of a bag of potatos... smiley - alienfrown

Post 5545

ITIWBS

...that is something that excites a measure of sense of wonder, the idea that we've all go a few molecules, or at least atoms that were once part of Atilla the Hun or Gheghis Kahn in us...

Post 5546

Maria

I´m with brother 2legs.
I think we should feel instinctively how to lead our lifes, we shouldnt need a book or a guru to open our minds. I mean, it´s not enough to know the golden rule of behaviour? don´t do to others what you dont want to receive/suffer.
Respect, take care of yourself and others, don´t be selfish , nasty... etc. all that should come naturally to the mind of any balanced person.

I don´t care about death or afterlife at all. I´m sure that theres no more than memories of us when we die. that´s all we leave behind.

...or if you are a writer, then you re-incarnate into a book. (Borges)

meanwhile, the price of potatoes, is pretty expensive compared to the low quality they offer... smiley - grrsmiley - zen

Post 5547

Agreed... And, also one thing I always kinda thought; is that it is far better, to behave like a grown-up, nice person, and be nice to others, etc., out of a sense of ones self, being such a person who behaves as such, rahter than those who do so, I assume, more out of a sense of obedience to some arbatory set of rules, in a given religion they profess too... smiley - alienfrown

I'm nice to the person behind teh till in the shop, becasue I want to be nice to her... I don't ever, ever, lie to a partner, or keep secrets from them, because I don't lie, or keep secrets, that's just who I am.... not who I'm 'aiming to be', out of some sense of a given dogma of any kind smiley - alienfrownsmiley - weird

Hmmm. right. must get ready, off, tonight, to the closest thing to a place of worship I regularly attend; the pub. smiley - alesmiley - winkeyesmiley - alesmiley - grovel ,zen> smiley - alesmiley - grovelsmiley - zen ahh... not overly high amount of worship tonight though.... I've just been denied permission to have a hangover in the morning smiley - zensmiley - handcuffssmiley - run

Post 5548

tucuxii

Careless use of fossil fuels = climate change = poor potato harvest = high price poor quality = karma explained smiley - zen

Post 5549

nah... I can't believe its that...

I think its all connected to the dwarves... you know.. the secret ones they're hiding... FBI has them, I think... or maybe CIA... it all goes back to the big hoover-conspiracy I'm sure.... Its the only logical explination.... smiley - zensmiley - towel

Post 5550

ITIWBS

The poor quality of the potatoes I've been getting has to do with knurling of the expanded netal they use in the boxes on the back of the trucks used to transport the potatoes to market being on the inside of the box, so that the skins of the potatoes are broken on the knurling when they're poured in, causing spoilage, increasing demand on account of people being required to pay for replacement of spoiled potatoes.

I think hefty fines are the answer to that kind of abuse.

Actually examine the trucks being used to transport the potatoes from the field to market, you should see what I mean.

http://www.nilesexpandedmetals.com/nem/products.asp

Anyone should see it coming.

Put the knurling on the outside of the box and that doesn't have to happen.

Post 5551

ITIWBS

...and its not the CIA, its the syndicate, notable the world round for trade restraint practices founded in market cornering in distribution services industries...

Post 5552

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Potato abuse! That's just the sort of thing I hope to see revealed in a thread like this.

>>......correct spelling and grammar are merely an illusion<< smiley - laugh

Post 5553

Curling potatos is a worldwide problem, since the introduction of potatos hithertoo unfamiliar with the process of curling in trucks, and the fading out of the old-fashioned automatic potato straightener as favoured in Westurn Europe, and its replacement by teams of dwarves carrying sharp pieces of straw. Apparently . .

Post 5554

ITIWBS

Its that horrible black stuff growing inward from the knurling scars on the potato that gets to me, nothing to do but throw it out, at risk of being accused of prejudice, or at least uttering constructive innuendo, or exhibiting more self respect than might be expected of a swine.

Meanwhile, Damien doesn't really have the Irish or German look depicted in the movies, instead he's definitely Anglo (not Saxon), short, barrel chested, slightly obese, brunette, bald and given to affecting a multitude of inter-racial disguises on the streets, depending on whom he wants to deflect the hue and cry onto.

Post 5555

Maria

I said: " I think we should feel instinctively how to lead our lifes, we shouldnt need a book or a guru to open our minds

however, we sometimes NEED a book or someone, or something to refresh our minds. I still say that you should work out how to live your live but sometimes we are a bit dull ( too much time thinking about the price of potatoes or about other prosaic topics) and that is the moment when a book , a person, a song, a bit of art appears and it adds life to your life, it gives you freshness, motivation, inspiration... a que sí?

btw, Asteroid Lady, a book I like very much is from a Quaker, Walt Whitman. I find inspiring what he says.

Post 5556

ITIWBS

I think that is inded so, Maria.

Post 5557

tucuxii

"FBI has them, I think... or maybe CIA... it all goes back to the big hoover-conspiracy I'm sure.... Its the only logical explination....
smiley - zensmiley - towel"

2legs - sometimes I think your towel is of the paper variety

Post 5558

smiley - snork There are so many types of smiley - towelsmiley - zen a smiley - towel for every occasion smiley - zensmiley - towelsmiley - towelsmiley - towelsmiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post