A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Jesus is coming back. Get ready!

Post 3081

Taff Agent of kaos

<< pondering total stupidity is adequately justified>>

Doc i am glad that you find Warner idea that animals have souls totaly stupid, thats what all the rational people on the thread were saying as well

welcome to the side of the enlightened

smiley - bat

Post 3082

Alfster

HI

Oh, yeah, I remember now...but you're just a tart!smiley - winkeye

Now if I was chatted up by a gay bloke with some class like John Barrowman...smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 3083

docsharp

Hi warner,
I do believe in God, but the Almighty bit is a bit over played IMO, threatening people with destruction doesn't work any more. When the Bible was put out (forcibly I might add) by the Romans, only the bits that suited the Roman Agenda then were put in. Jesus said that one of the troubles with the human race is that we pay no attention to the deeper meanings in things. No I can't quote you chapter and verse but when I read the Bible upto the age of 16, the gist of what it said was that, God doesn't weigh souls by how much attention they pay to scripture. So I went out and got a life and continued to learn about God there.
You see the God that I believe in is not confined to the pages of any book any where, but is included in all of them, even the Satanic ones. The facsimile of God that is in the Bible is the same entity but it is just the aspect of him that visited Earth Thousands of years ago and got frozen in the Icy atmosphere. Its like the Transformers movie that I watched with my Kids.

Here's a question for you then, "Would you dance with the devil in the pale moon light?"

My answer would be, OK if God would put the records on that must be what he wants done.

Another question "If God asked me to kill one of my kids" I told him that he would have to "have sex and Travel", he laughed and said that sounds fair enough.

Post 3084

Tumsup

-Scientologists, however, are more gullible than those who fall for Nigerian internet scams, and the rank and file scientologists are worthy of pity, unlike the leaders.-

Scientology goes way beyond gullibility. A friend of mine got taken. It started as a simple personality test.

They sat him in a chair and three guys at a time went at him. They scoured his skull and replaced the contents with something that I couldn't recognize as human much less my best friend.

When they started he had a wife and child, a good job and a house all paid for. They took the house, his car and maxed out his credit. Since there wasn't enough for both him and his wife to get 'clear', he cast her off as well. She and the baby ended up on welfare. He ended up sleeping on a cot in the Detroit Org and handing out leaflets on the street corner.

Many people think that Tom Cruise has lost his mind. He hasn't lost it, it was stolen from him by the most cynical gang of grifters that I have ever encountered.

Post 3085

docsharp

Hi Taff,
It was your question that was stupid, I think that your tag of a Bat thingy is very appropriate. Your eyes have become accustomed to the dark and if you like it there, good for you, but the idea that animals have souls is not an isolated one, and to say it is stupid is to express your opinion about millions of peoples belief, which is what I've just done so, so I guess its snap.

Post 3086

Effers;England.

Hi doc

I've asked you before to quote people when you are arguing with them. I never know what you are on about because you *never* do that. I don't know why.

And I quite like Taff's whacky humour myself. smiley - bat

Post 3087

Effers;England.

Hi 3Dots smiley - biggrin

>I still think placebos are useful and it would be great to work out how to get over your issues with placebos to make them 'acceptable' because they do have a place...<

In what way does dishonesty have a place in modern medicine? Building a relationship with a doctor is also important, discussing with them the best treatment for a problem...yes I don't know how you quantify that though. But I'd have thought the prescription of pretend tablets precludes any meaningful relationship based on trust.

Post 3088

Noggin the Nog

<>

All we need now is some idea of what a soul *is*.

So far, hundreds of believers have been asked this question, and so far we haven't had even one stab at a reply. I can only take it that this means that the idea has zero content.

Noggin

Post 3089

warner - a new era of cooperation

Noggin smiley - smiley
>>All we need now is some idea of what a soul *is*.<<
Well, all I'm going to say on this occasion is that "the conscience" is part of it. You know, that bit that makes you think murder is wrong.

I'm sure you've got plenty of alternative explanations, but I'm not particularly interested as I believe what Almighty God teaches me through Holy Scripture.
smiley - peacesign

Post 3090

docsharp

Noggin,
Your soul is that part of your being that goes on forever.An expert on the Spirit world could tell you in more detail. If you are an Atheist that doesn't believe in any woo woo stuff, then you won't get it, but on this thread entitled Jesus is coming back I shouldn't have to apologize for referring to it.
Psychiatrists discuss various levels of consciousness, Spiritual Healers study even more levels of consciousness and they have to pass exams to get into the International Healing Fellowship, I believe that the Soul and Consciousness are linked somehow but I have only partly developed.
I also believe that everything has a soul or spirit, so they are all just models for discussing a problem that occasionally is raised by people. It is kept simple so that people can move on with the rest of what they are here to do. If you cant or don't want to comprehend it you can dismiss it, not wanting to know about it makes no one any lesser a person, it's just that some people do want to know about it.
Apparently it's got something to do with sub atomic physics but that bit's beyond me.
It's like God was expressed as a theorem by Euler. (A mathematician who came up with theories using complex numbers).

If you are really interested in a detailed explanation I can ask one of my buddies.

Post 3091

docsharp

Effers,
I am sorry that I appear to have ignored your request to copy text from people I am responding to, see I've done it again. But today I think that it has been quite obvious, I generally express a name of a person I am discussing something with unless it's just a general comment.
I have a few reasons for not doing what you ask, one being I don't think it's necessary, another being my up bringing and experience with the Bible for example here's the thing, There's Adam and Eve, then Noah then Abraham and the dealio Abraham made was simple on his part, he had to love God, then the rest of the OT, loads of rules and regulation, then NT Jesus came along and said that the most important thing to do is love God, so loads of text to get across a simple message. I just don't like loads of text, but find it a pain in the arse that the point seems to need it?

Any way I will try harder in the future.

You are an atheist are you not? Of course you liked Taff's joke most of the other people that liked it are atheists too. If you lot are aloud to take the piss out of us, you shouldn't be bothered about it being done back to you!

Jésus is coming back. Get randy!

Post 3092

taliesin

>>I don't believe in Scientology: it's all a massive wind up for Tom Cruise. The reveal will be something special<<

I don't believe in Tom Cruise

smiley - tongueout

Post 3093

Noggin the Nog

Hi Doc.

Thanks for at least trying to explain.

Have to confess that I haven't seen any evidence that there is some part of my being that goes on forever. Which part would it be, I wonder? Would it really be *me* without the rest? What, and where, is this spirit world of which you speak?

<>

What does the *they* above refer to? Introducing something into the discussion using a pronoun only serves to confuse.

<>

Actually, I do, but explanations like "Apparently it's got something to do with sub atomic physics but that bit's beyond me.">> don't really help, especially since none of my reading on the subject of sub atomic physics has ever mentioned spirits.

A detailed explanation would be nice.

Noggin

Post 3094

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

I am going to unsubscribe as when you were talking about mental health it was interesting, as someone who again shaved their head again today, I had a vested interest, but now it is back to religeon and the thread title is a beacon for nut jobs who make even me look sane, so play nicely peeps, adios!
(unsubscribe)

Post 3095

Taff Agent of kaos

<>

fine

but warner & RC have been harping on about the soul is in peril of eternal damnation if they do not accept Jesus into their heart,

how can animals do this, do they have understanding of god,

what about Hindu holy cows are they secret Christians,

Buddhists believe in animal souls because they keep going round and round the circle of life until they reach nirvana.

is it murder to kill something with a soul???

if so why was god pleased with the offerings of able and yet says thou shalt not kill to moses

doc i can understand your point of view, its just the shite warner and rc come out with then do nothing to justify their position

they started this animals have souls thing yet when the hard questions come they just quote some scripture, and anyone can get holy words to mean whatever they want them to, you just cherry pick and quote out of context

i am a traveler on the road of knowledge and i seek enlightenment, when there are things i dont understand i will ask questions, for that is the way we learn, a nice explination or a "i dont know" is usefull ignoring the question or quoteing obscure scripture with out any explination does a disservice to the teacher and the pupil

smiley - bat

i use the smiley - bat as it is my smiley on the QI score board, and i think my posts look incompleate without a signiture and typing

Taff
Agent of Kaos

every time is such a ball s ache

smiley - bat
<>

Post 3096

Taff Agent of kaos

ps did not spell check...preview is your friend

smiley - bat

Post 3097

Effers;England.

>You are an atheist are you not? Of course you liked Taff's joke most of the other people that liked it are atheists too. If you lot are aloud to take the piss out of us, you shouldn't be bothered about it being done back to you!<

Yes and I'm bisexual and I often like the humour straight people dish out. But I don't see any sign of healthy banter and wit coming from religos that visit this thread; just humourless stupidity, ignorance and bigotry.

If you feel unable to confront argument honestly to allow for clear reasoned debate, people will just draw their own conclusions about the validity of your argument.

Post 3098

Taff Agent of kaos

SS

i am going to shave my head now as well

i do it every couple of weeks anyway, a number zero all over hides male pattern baldness and you get a nice tanned head into the bargain

smiley - bat

Post 3099

taliesin

Count me in amongst the closely-shorn.

The bristles help keep my hat on!

smiley - cheers

Post 3100

docsharp

Hi Taff,

I'll ask for some more gen and get back to you if you want, especially if your interested in the physics stuff I'll get you Ron Pearson's link.

To quote Gandhi, "God has no religion", that is why your question is stupid, sorry if you didn't get this.

God is Just God and that's that, he's there if you believe in him or not and if you are unfortunate enough to get Schizophrenia you'd be best off accepting him. The alternative is drugs, which make me feel like crap even the low dose I'm on. In with the bundle comes paranoia which gives you a totally different perspective on scripture.

By the way I don't like the term Troll, they turn to stone when exposed to light i.e. get petrified. I am best described as one of the undead i.e. a vampire which is another reason for liking the bat thingy. When exposed to too much light I disintegrate only to reappear somewhere/anywhere else. mwoohahahahaha

Oh and I can't really give one if your spelling is not spot on, because if I can understand what you mean that's OK by me. Once in this country we never used to have to write stuff down every thing was done by word of mouth, and as I seem to recall we were a happier lot then. Bloody Romans!

Key: Complain about this post