A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Jesus is coming back. Get ready!

Post 2881

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

>> 'complementary' as in 'alternative,

Actually...they're two separate things. Officially.:

Alternative medicine is an alternative to conventional medicine.

Complementary medicine is meant to be used *alongside* conventional. Because, fer chrissakes, you'd be mad to rely on alternative medicine alone.

On the one hand...the differentiation hammers home the right message. On the other...It makes it more difficult to apply an independent test of the efficacy of complementary therapies. (But not impossible. One could still look for improvements relative to conventional alone).

And well done for picking up on the spelling. smiley - winkeye

Post 2882

TerryG*09*

Gif,

Why are you so offended over nothing?

Post 2883

toybox

Sorry about the spelling nitpicking smiley - blush However it did bring to light the difference between alternative and complementary. That's why I added a 'sort of', somewhere, to save me the trouble of looking up proper vocabulary.

Post 2884

Giford

Hi Terry,

Nothing? How can it be nothing when it's there in the Bible in black and white?

Once you're dead, you'll regret eating all those herby sandwiches. If only John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, were here today, he'd be telling you how hot the fires of hell are.

Seriously, though - I thought I'd get away without a smiley - winkeye on that one...

Gif smiley - geek

Post 2885

Giford

Why argue about whether it's 'complimentary' or 'alternative'? Surely it's defining feature is that it hasn't shown any benefit during medical trials, otherwise it would be mainstream medicine.

Why not call it 'ineffective medicine' and be done with it?

Gif smiley - geek

Post 2886

Effers;England.

>I thought I'd get away without a smiley - winkeye on that one...<

Oh but you reckoned without Terry being on your case smiley - winkeye

Post 2887

TerryG*09*

Gif,

i dont like it either..... just asking

Post 2888

Giford

Don't talk to me, you herb-mixer you...

The worst thing is that herb-mixers bring their children up to be herb-mixer too. smiley - winkeye

Gif smiley - geek

Post 2889

Giford

That was @ Effers - but whatever...

Gif smiley - geek

Post 2890

toybox

>>Why not call it 'ineffective medicine' and be done with it?<<

Because that might impair the placebo effect smiley - rolleyes

Post 2891

toybox

And by the way, mixing herbs is allowed, it's growing them together which is odious. Isn't it?

Post 2892

TerryG*09*

Edward,

>>Incorrect distribution of the organs<<

how true im going to tell some people that!

Post 2893

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Sodom: I was under the impression that it was the hospitality thing. I think I read it in 'God Is Not Great' but could be wrong.

As for mixing m*****d & c***s, well, you people sicken me.

Post 2894

docsharp

The parliament of Lib dems is a ridiculous idea. Where as this group of yobs just decided they wanted to try what sodomy was like for the first time cause they'd never done it before? I think that is a more ridiculous assumption to make. But hey ho whatever you think! I said I read, I remember what I read by recalling the images that were put in my head when I read, now if I'd said "it says so in the Bible" that is different. If you want to be picky about what I remember and try to tell me what I read, that's up to you whatever floats your boat, I ain't bothered if you want to refresh my memory with what it says. Are you a fundamentalist?

The problems with God/Creator were just comments flying around from a lot of the patients why did God do this to me, the creator watches my every move and the like, one girl came up to me and said "well are you going to heal me or not?". It was 7 years ago I was in there, a chapter of my life I'd like to forget but I thought it was relevant to the topic that a lot of people in the Hospital had problems with God, it was nothing to do with anything I said, believed or anything to do with me. Also the MI chat group I am with, reports a lot of people undergoing religious experiences, some people even got an exorcism done on them to sort them out, unsuccessfully of course.

And Ed if they were wearing them shirts I say damned them all to hell. smiley - laugh

Post 2895

warner - a new era of cooperation

Gif,
This "story" of Lot, is repeated here:

28 And Lot! (Remember) when he said unto his folk: Lo! ye commit lewdness such as no creature did before you.
29 For come ye not in unto males, and cut ye not the road (for travellers), and commit ye not abomination in your meetings? But the answer of his folk was only that they said: Bring Allah’s doom upon us if thou art a truthteller!
30 He said: My Lord! Give me victory over folk who work corruption.
31 And when Our messengers brought Abraham the good news, they said: Lo! we are about to destroy the people of that township, for its people are wrong-doers.
smiley - book Qur'an - The spider

smiley - peacesign

Post 2896

Yeah...hospitality is a moral duty:

'Ah, it's yerself! Come on in and have some buggery.'

Post 2897

warner:
>>This "story" of Lot, is repeated here:

Is it indeed? smiley - yawn

The story of the Quangle Wangle is repeated here:

On the top of the Crumpetty Tree
The Quangle Wangle sat,
But his face you could not see,
On account of his Beaver Hat.
For his hat was a hundred and two feet wide,
With ribbons and bibbons on every side
And bells, and buttons, and loops, and lace,
So that nobody ever could see the face
Of the Quangle Wangle Quee.

Post 2898

warner - a new era of cooperation

Ed,
Seems like you got Quangle-Wangle-itis!
smiley - peacesign

Post 2899

Effers;England.

doc, I don't see the point of dwelling too much on discussion about what people say in psychiatric hospital. We might just as dwell on what some people say whilst under the influence of LSD. If your critical faculties are not present your perceptions can't be properly compared to reality.

By all means doc, continue with this line if it means something to you but I don't think personal anecdotes of this type are very meaningful.It's enough trying to deal with things here that people say when they are 'sane', smiley - winkeye dealing with the ramblings of people out of their skulls is neither here nor there.

Post 2900

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis.

I'm not sure how relevant this is to anything. Nor am I convinced of its accuracy.

Key: Complain about this post