A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Guess the film...

Post 1

...Shrillian...

Let's try something different...which is also something normal...smiley - erm...you know what I mean... smiley - smiley

You can use quotes, situations, trivia, whatever, but it has to be about films/movies...(name the film/name the actor/director/etc) The person that has the correct answer starts the next question. Anyone game?

Here's an easy one to get the ball rolling...

"When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep... and you're never really awake."

Name the film...

Guess the film...

Post 2

tanzen

Weee hee - I know that one smiley - somersault

It's Fight Club smiley - ok!

(thank you for making the first question about my favourite movie smiley - cool)

Ok, I don't know about the quality of my questions, but since I am Monkee minded at the moment...

Name the Monkees movie (the movie the Monkees starred in, that is smiley - smiley)

Guess the film...

Post 3

...Shrillian...

I know!!!

Head...1968

Did I get it right?

Guess the film...

Post 4

tanzen

That would be the one smiley - cool

That means it's your turn again smiley - ok

Guess the film...

Post 5

...Shrillian...

Here's one that's slightly more obscure. But a great film. If you like comedies, then you should watch this one...a great classic Romantic Comedy...(clue)

"oh look! I was born on the side of a hill!"

Name the film...

Guess the film...

Post 6

tanzen

I think you may have to wait for someone else on this one smiley - headhurts

Guess the film...

Post 7

Yelbakk

I know it is cheating, but google suggests that the movie is "Bringing up Baby" starring Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn and a dog named Asta.

In the chapter "the Lonely Grave of Paula Schulz," there are a few sequences where the filming differs from from the rest of the movie. What is that difference (and no, it is not black and white; this technique is unique in the film).

Y.

Guess the film...

Post 8

tanzen

(is that from Kill Bill 2 smiley - erm?)

Guess the film...

Post 9

...Shrillian...

yes...it's Kill Bill 2...but I can't think of it...

how about a hint? what part in the chapter? Or is it throughout the entire chapter? All I can think of is the scene when she's busting through the grave...but I can't think of anything drastically different...

Guess the film...

Post 10

Yelbakk

Sorry, my bad, it is from Kill Bill 2. Thought I had put that tiny bit of not unimportant info it, but I guess I did not. (That's what you get for preparing breakfast and being on hootoo simultaneously...)

So here is a hint. It is about the camera work as the Bride wakes up on the back of Budd's pick-up truck.

Y.

Guess the film...

Post 11

Yelbakk

Ok, out of sheer impatience, I will tell you.

For a few minutes the pictures were in 3x4 format, as opposed to the normal wide-screen (16x9?) ratio. Tarantino used this to create a claustrophobic feeling, seeing as... SPOILER ahead

SPOILER

the Bride is about to be buried alive.

SPOILER OVER.

So maybe you had better post the next question smiley - winkeye

Y.

Guess the film...

Post 12

tanzen

Ahhh, I was probably too busy feeling claustrophobic to notice smiley - laugh

Go on, give it another shot...just remember that, as far as I'm concerned...the wheel is spinning...but the hamster's daed...smiley - roflsmiley - rofl

Guess the film...

Post 13

Yelbakk

Ok, 'nother shot then...

In the same movie, the Bride says something along the lines of

"Like most men who never knew their fathers, Bill collected *****"

What does she say Bill collected?

Y.

Guess the film...

Post 14

...Shrillian...

father figures?

Guess the film...

Post 15

Yelbakk

That's RIGHT!

So, do you get to post the next question, then?

Y.

Guess the film...

Post 16

...Shrillian...

Woohoo!!! smiley - wow

A relatively easy one as it's 3:06am and I'm about to head off for bed...

What's the film that "Last Man Standing" was based on? (ie. The original of this remake)

Guess the film...

Post 17

Yelbakk

Sorry, I have no idea. I would guess some kind of Western?

Y.

Guess the film...

Post 18

...Shrillian...

No actually.

Hint: Japanese

Guess the film...

Post 19

Yelbakk

Japanese Movies? Totally out of my depth there. Unless it be Shogun smiley - grr.

Guess the film...

Post 20

Nbcdnzr, the dragon was slain, and there was much rejoicing

My guess is that it is some Akira Kurosawa film. I'm gonna go with Seven Samurai (Shichinin no Samurai).

Key: Complain about this post