It just so happens Galaxy Babe...

What Films have you seen recently?

Post 6362

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - laugh

Post 6363

PhilFogg

Soderberg's Contagion. Pretty interesting in that it was a desaster movie without any screaming, explosions, or any of that bunk.

Horrible Bosses. Pretty funny. Kevin Spacey is such a slimeball...

Post 6364

and I wasn't keen on Jennifer Aniston as the sex-hungry boss, in Horrible Bosses. 99,999/10,000 men would have nailed her and bought their fiancee some smiley - cheerup (sorry if that sounds sexist, I reckon most women would too)smiley - 2cents

Today we saw This Means War.

I laughed so much, my sides hurt, mainly at the (female) best friend doling out all the advice. This is a date movie with appeal for both sexes, plenty of action and a surprise ending - what's not to love?

11/10 (extra point for casting Reese Witherspoon instead of Jennifer Aniston)smiley - applause

Post 6365

99,999/100,000 men...ok I am still laughing so I can't type properlysmiley - rolleyes

Post 6366

PhilFogg

Untrue, Babe, untrue. Believe or not, most of us men are the 1 percent smiley - smiley.

Post 6367

Vestboy

I think 101 percent are the one percent out of 99,999 (if you include room for error)

Post 6368

PhilFogg

Probably true. Fortunately, there are more than 99,999 men on this planet. smiley - laugh

Crying Freeman. A pretty cool live-action version of an anime. Stylish and very heartfelt.

Post 6369

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

It is freckin excellent.

FB

Post 6370

PhilFogg

Agree. Probably this year's great movie.

Post 6371

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Watched Moneyball last night. Much, much better than I expected. Jonah Hill can actually act! Blimey!

FB

Post 6372

Alfster

Captian America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVb_eAORGHc&feature=related

I didn't realise The Whedon was involved with The Avengers - didn;t even recognise the beardy geek to start.

As a poster on U-Tube said: Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

Saw Cap'n America this weekend excellent Boys Own stuff, recognised Liverpool docsk...didn't recognise a street in Manchester that was redressed as 1940s Brooklyn. Liked the 'minor' character of Stark (the father) (no spoiler) in it whose ethos is totally different from the son's. Nice touch that even the makers in the comentary didn't mention - even though a line of dialogue is there to clearly make that plain.

Great cast too: Chris Evans was very good, Tommy Lee Jones was a solid character, Hugo Weaving play the Red Skull brilliantly...and Toby Jones underplayed his part wonderfully - the scene between him and Jones was just great.

http://www.geekrest.com/2011/08/marvel-short-film-the-consultant-included-on-thor-blu-ray/

Watching the Consultant and ' A funny thing happened on the way to Thors hammer' doesn;t spoil anything - they are just great little vignettes. Enjoy.

Post 6373

HonestIago

>>.didn't recognise a street in Manchester that was redressed as 1940s Brookly<<

I did: that was the only thing that detracted from the film for me. It was uncanny seeing Manchester but not seeing it if you know what I mean. Top film though - it and Thor have been my favourite of the Avengers prequels.

Watched Avatar on C4 tonight - it sets the bar for CGI but my word the writing is awful. Huge wasted opportunity.

Post 6374

Alfster

I don't mind that sort of thing as it is just make believe. I lent The Princess Bride to a work colleague who had to tell her husband to shut up afert 15minutes as he was naming every bit of the Peak District that the film was being shot in - he really enjoyed spotting the places.

I ove the Commentaries and making ofs anyway and finding out where things are filmed adds to the film to me.

Post 6375

Vestboy

Ghost Rider Vengeance. Even my son was not impressed by this.
I did think the effects were very clever and Nick Cages occasional wry understatement was ok.

Idris Elba was, I thought, underused. I liked him in Luther (UK TV cop show).

Post 6376

I'm going to see John Carter in 2D tomorrow morning, although I'll have to queue for my ticket with all the hordes who still haven't seen Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (sold out the last twice it was shown, the manager has reordered it for tomorrow). Is it going as well in the rest of the country or is it just our Senior Screen that has been besieged?

Post 6377

Well I enjoyed John Carter, it's a mix of Star Wars and Avatar with a dash of The Time Machine thrown in. Although the moons of Mars aren't round, they're potato-shaped, but it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the film. I was particularly impressed by Dejah Thoris, she looked just like her depiction on the front cover of Princess of Mars which I read many moons ago.

Post 6378

Xanatic

Many round or potato-shaped moons ago?

I watched a bollywood horror movie yesterday called Hisss. It was about a snake goddess who takes revenge on people who hurt snakes. Not worth watching, even if they only had one dance scene.

Post 6379

Alfster

Zodiac - the story of how a cartoonist and some police tried to find a real life serial killer who was killing during the 1970's - very good film.

Post 6380

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Kick-Ass. Surprisingly enjoyable.

Key: Complain about this post