A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Hot Fuzz

Post 4941

Taff Agent of kaos

i was a bit surprised

i don't normally order foreing language films, but about a quater way in remember why i had ordered it, the wife had bumped some kids films up the list for the summer so i had forgotten about it

it was stark and grirry, and the areas it is set in make italy look like a third world country

i enjoyed it, it made a change to the glossy american films

smiley - bat

Hot Fuzz

Post 4942

Orcus

A lot of southern Italy is like a third world country. It's grim down South there.

Hot Fuzz

Post 4943

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Thanks, Taff. It played at a small independent theater last year during a film festival, and we missed it. It sounded really good- and it still does. I'll make sure I bump it to the front of our queue as soon as it's available.

The last film we saw at the theater was Saturday night, "The Baader Meinhof Complex". It was really good.

Hot Fuzz

Post 4944

A Super Furry Animal

I saw Dorian Gray at the weekend.

Not bad. It does what it says on the tin. No surprises, but generally well put-together.

That was HI's choice of film. Mine is this weekend...what's coming out this week?

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Hot Fuzz

Post 4945

Orcus

If you haven't already seen it, I'd definitely go with District 9.

It puts the clearance of that camp in France yesterday into a different light...

What Films have you seen recently?

Post 4946

Garden_Pilgrim

The Big Sleep

starring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall...

great!

Jumper

Post 4947

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - headhurts
I picked this up in the DVD bargain basket for £3smiley - wow

It would have been good, except for Haydn Christensen, who is rapidly becoming my one-to-avoid smiley - sadface

Jumper

Post 4948

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Just watched Quantom of Solace.

Had low expectations due to poor word of mouth, but actually really enjoyed it.

FB

Jumper

Post 4949

Taff Agent of kaos

this affty i watched

city of lost children

what can i say, its like what you would get if terry gilliam remade a french version of oliver!!!!!!!

smiley - bat

Jumper

Post 4950

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Oooh, I love "City Of Lost Children". Haven't watched it in ages- might just do so this evening. smiley - biggrin

Jumper

Post 4951

Orcus

I want to see that one day. My only contact with it was a computer game of it someone lent me on the Playstation years ago.
It was most surreal, I guess the film must be like a French David Lynch type thing.

City of Lost Children

Post 4952

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

smiley - love*LOVE*smiley - love Krank dressed up as smiley - santa and terrifying kids witless. smiley - biggrin

Also got a soft spot for Uncle irvin: the migrainous brain in a vat. smiley - headhurts

Final Destination 4 (The Final Destination)

Post 4953

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

I saw that last Friday, in 3D.

Dreadful acting, even worse script (there are times when I was thinking, 'You really have just given that character something to say while you show us the set up, haven't you?), and no plot whatsoever.

Appalling film.

But with the 3D specs on...

smiley - yikessmiley - biggrinsmiley - injuredsmiley - biggrinsmiley - yikes

Loved it.

Methinks I'll be giving the DVD a miss though.

Post 4954

Vip

We've just finished watching Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. It's a completely animated film from the guys qho brought you the game series (for those who have played it).

Good plot, decent CGI (although it's starting to show its age now), but pants dialogue and some seriously 2-D characters. It's not about the characters, I know, but really, reel back on the stereotypes a bit, would ya?

smiley - fairy

Post 4955

I just watched Star Trek. Not bad at all. Piddles all over the TOS & TNG films.

Post 4956

Is it out now to rent?

Post 4957

I don't think so.

Post 4958

So you saw it at the cinema then?

Post 4959

It was beamed directly in to my brain by the Womens' Institute Jam, Marmalade and Other Preserves Standards Committee as part of their test runs for the Mental Marmalade Manipulation Machine.

Post 4960

Checked out blockbuster.co.uk - they've got it listed for November.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more