A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Given the choice, would you rather H2G2 became more popular or less popular?

Post 41

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

>> ..my rather long post above..<<

Put away your modesty my friend!
Your concise history lesson is surpassed only by the conclusions you draw. I believe you called them 'your opinion' but I'm here to affirm them all.
smiley - cheers
Your posting #39 above should be chiselled in stone and set at the gates for all who wish to enter. Newbies should be stripped naked and made to read it aloud. The shorter version Post #40 above, henceforth known as the Precis of the Precis, will suffice for any who are unwilling to disrobe or have short attention spans. The two are often linked, as you suggest in your wider categories of 'rushed and lazy'.

Race y'all to Post 42!
smiley - run
smiley - winkeye
~jwf~

Post 42

Post Team

For those who are really keen to learn more about the history of h2g2 you can access <./>ThePost</.> archives which contain a wealth of information. smiley - winkeye

For example:
A700741 h2g2 related stories and articles
A740080 Tributes to Douglas Adams
A652934 1-2-1 Archive - interviews with early researchers including 1-2-1 With The Post
A688557 Frankie meets... Richard Creasey (a personal friend of DNA who was a co-founder of h2g2)
A660377 is the portal to all previous articles.

smiley - thepost

Post 43

Terran

smiley - cheerssmiley - ok

I think this one is particularly relevant to thise conversation : A472303

Post 44

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

I joined a year ago, and read for quite some time before that. One thing I note is that I have come across alot of negative discussions about the Editing process. I mean negative in terms of critical not bad. Possibly this has balanced out the more encouraging things about writing entries, and may be putting people off?

I'm short on energy. I've started my first entry, and the thought of submitting it at some point to a stressful process doesn't encourage me. This may be a perception problem, and I will go and check out the process more fully when the time comes. I just wonder if others have been affected too.

I liked the analogy of the peach. That affirms that there is a huge amount of wisdom and knowledge on this site that isn't necessarily in the Edited Guide (or in any entry) - it is in the community as well.

Post 45

Saturnine

smiley - book Great post Mathers. It's always good to hear the legends of h2g2 smiley - winkeye retold every once in a while.

smiley - smileysmiley - magic

Post 46

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Read post 39: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F19585?thread=374419&skip=20&show=20#p4803887

Post 47

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Amazing! Seven years on and we're still having
the same conversation about our raison d'etre.
Hmmm..
Maybe that is our raisin debter.
smiley - zen
~jwf~

Key: Complain about this post