A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Useless Facts

Post 10181

Dmitri Gheorgheni

smiley - laugh I remember that one. They couldn't get Isaac Newton to play himself. He probably asked for too much money.

Useless Facts

Post 10182

Caiman raptor elk - Infinity lies outside the box

I thought they just couldn't get the right kind of gravitational apple.

Useless Facts

Post 10183

Cheerful Dragon

I know it doesn't count as appearing as "Himself", but comedian Joe Piscopo (a regular on Saturday Night Live for several years) appeared in ST:TNG episode The Outrageous Okona. He was credited as The Comic, a part that was effectively playing himself.

Useless Facts

Post 10184

Dmitri Gheorgheni

Ba-dump-bum! smiley - laugh

Useless Facts

Post 10185

Getting back to Newton and friends: Why can't pie be infinite instead of pi?

Useless Facts

Post 10186

Cheerful Dragon

If pie was infinite, you'd never be able to ask, "Who ate all the pies?"smiley - tongueoutsmiley - winkeye

Useless Facts

Post 10187

You probably wouldn't be able to ask anything, due to being stuck in infinite pie.

Thingies stuck in your head that will likely never be vital to know

Post 10188

The Left Reverend Doktor Baron Grim

The piano that Freddie Mercury used to record Bohemian Rhapsody was the same piano Paul McCartney used to record Hey Jude.

Thingies stuck in your head that will likely never be vital to know

Post 10189

Icy North

Yeah, the Trident Piano was just one of this perfectly tuned instruments, and recording artists from around the world would book it.

The list of songs is very long, but includes these:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/a-piano-superstar-tridents-bechstein-grand.220503/

If you see ‘Trident Studios’ on a record sleeve, they went there for the piano.

Key: Complain about this post

Useless Facts

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more