A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How much does a hovercraft cost?

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

I have considered this for a while and am convinced that the only sensible way to travel from Dublin to Cork is by hovercraft. The problem is that I don't know very much about them (how much they cost, speed, capacity...in fact anything at all) so can't approach the bank with this one.
Any ideas? Can anyone lend me a hovercraft for a trial run smiley - winkeye

Post 2

Stuffe

It depends on which colour you want, as to how expensive it will be. Surcharges are also common for those of us without a license to operate such a vehicle, as granted by the appropriate regulatory body. I have heard such surcharges be called 'fines', although I can't see whats so fine about being made to pay! TIP: Learn to operate the brakes, or you may end up paying with your life, as well as your credit cards.

Post 3

Rat

A NICE WON IS AT LEAST 10,000 DOLLARS

Post 4

Rat

okay my brother is an idiot. we both visit this site and that remark right there is not mine, its his. I would never write "one" as "won". $^%@#$%#$jerk! When I get through with that bumbling bafoon, I swear I'll...erm ok so anyway MY response to that question as that hovercrafts can be stolen quite easily. I myself can get you one. You don't mind owing the mob a favor, do you? smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Deep Doo Doo

Hmmm, just wondering...

Did you ever get the Hovercraft? smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Is mise Duncan

Nope - I got a 49% (non controlling) share in a Nissan Micra instead smiley - winkeye

Post 7

GreyDesk

And that's called coming down to earth with a bump smiley - erm

Post 8

swl

http://www.flyingfishhovercraft.co.uk/cruising_racing.html

looks fun smiley - biggrin

Post 9

Xanatic

Dammit, I would have loved to get a lift from Cork on a hovecraft. Bus Eireann still seems to have no plans for a hovercraft service. I imagine such a thing would be good in a flat place like Holland.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more