A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Is w**king necessary?

Post 41

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

I'll w**k for love, just as soon as I win the lottery!

Well, today's my first day w**king at my new job. Wish me luck!

Is w**king necessary?

Post 42

Teuchter

W**k hard - and enjoy yourself.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 43

zendevil

Yes, don't be nervous or embarassed, even if this sort of w**k is new to you, as long as you do your best, no one will laugh I am sure.

Is your new post a very prominent one? Sometimes it can be difficult w**king in the public eye.smiley - towel

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 44

Mu Beta

"Beware of contract w**kers. I got some in two months to do some quick w**k for me and there still here w**king on job."

That must be hard on the pocket...

B

Is w**king necessary?

Post 45

My side.

Not to mention the strain on the eyes w**king for that long.

Still,as long as they are smiling whilst doing it.

smiley - devil

Is w**king necessary?

Post 46

airscotia-back by popular demand

I do hope you don't have to w**k a week in hand, it can be very frustrating w**king for a whole week and getting nothing at the end.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 47

zendevil

You could try being very smiley - zen about it & see it as peace w**k.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 48

My side.

A week in hand...

...Couldnt have said it better myself.smiley - smiley

smiley - devil

Is w**king necessary?

Post 49

zendevil

Not sure I understand.

Come again?smiley - biggrin

Is w**king necessary?

Post 50

tanzen

I know people who have been w**king nearly every day for the last 35 odd years...you have to appreciate people with that much staying power...

Is w**king necessary?

Post 51

zendevil

Yes.

It must be hard.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 52

tanzen

...I didn't think it was possible for anything to be that hard for so long...but thirty years and still w**king with as much fervour as they did when they first learned how to do it...

Is w**king necessary?

Post 53

zendevil

I suppose it's a habit really, but let's not bring religion into it, the bible is a bit funny about w**king in some ways.

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri

Is w**king necessary?

Post 54

tanzen

...and considering that a lot of the religious people I know are usually very committed bunch of w**kers...but then again, I also know some agnostics that are also very hard w**king people...

Is w**king necessary?

Post 55

zendevil

Yes, it's a bit of a paradox this. For instance, my dear friend Enid Blyton, whom I refer to frequently in The Hootoo Home of Today (Archive at A1008550) is apparently a person of very upright principles, yet she comes up with statements like this; and I quote:

'It really was very difficult to get Uncle Quentin off the next day. Aunt Fanny, who had been ready for a long time, went and rapped at the study door. "Quentin! You really must come!" '

You see, he was so dedicated to his w**k. Poor Aunt Fanny just had to wait. A womans w**k is never done.

Is w**king necessary?

Post 56

Shea the Sarcastic

I don't get anything extra for w**king past what's expected of me, but I get some extra time off so I can w**k better when I get back!

Is w**king necessary?

Post 57

tanzen

...Sorry it took me so long to get back in here...all of this talk of w**king made me realise I had a lot to do, so I've been w**king quite fastidiously for the last few minutes...and now I need a rest...and a cigarette...

Is w**king necessary?

Post 58

zendevil

I know that feeling. Cigarette breaks during w**king hours don't always coincide with when you actually need one do they? How can you regiment such a fundamental need as this?

--As for going outside to have one, well, all I can do is refer you to this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A698835

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri

Is w**king necessary?

Post 59

tanzen

....Exactly smiley - smiley

...Well, all that w**king really took a lot out of me, so I had to go and grab some lunch...now I'm back and ready to w**k my little heart out for a little while longer smiley - biggrin

Is w**king necessary?

Post 60

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

Well, w**k was good today! There were four other new people besides me. Two Irish lasses, a Scottish lad and a boy from Leeds. They all seemed to be getting on well with the w**k, and enjoying it as much as I did.

Key: Complain about this post