A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 17541

Cheerful Dragon

Smelly plastic. Hubby bought two Red Noses yesterday. We had to take them out of the packaging to air because they smell so much that you wouldn't want to wear them. The keyring he bought for me isn't much better.

I know that noses smell, but this is ridiculous!

Petty Hates

Post 17542

The Left Reverend Doktor Baron Grim

They run too. smiley - bigeyes

Petty Hates

Post 17543

Cheerful Dragon

So that's why the Red Noses have feet - so they can run as well as smell!smiley - winkeyesmiley - tongueout

Petty Hates

Post 17544

Bluebottle

PH – not being able to pick your nose – you don't know what you've got until you buy it. We bought 5 and there's ten to collect, and got three gnomes and two jesters.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 17545

SashaQ - happysad

I second the PH of smelly plastic - last week there was a box of magazines wrapped in cellophane in a room at work, and I couldn't go in there until the window was opened because the smell was so strong!

I'd not seen the newfangled Red Noses before but I was surprised by the smell as well - not quite as pungent as the magazines but I could certainly smell that they were in the room...

Petty Hates

Post 17546

Sho - gainfully employed again

Bluebottle - I'd not bother buying any then - that's just annoying.

Petty Hates

Post 17547

You can call me TC

Why not just make a donation?

Petty Hates

Post 17548

Bluebottle

My kids love the noses as they're the right size to fit the Sylvannian Families house and cars so they want to collect them all.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 17549

I do not understand the sentence above. smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 17550

Rosa Baggins, (see LOTR appendix Hobbits Family trees for more information)

My pet hate is having a dry itchy scalp which no medicated shampoo can treat. I have had since I was 4 years of age or younger. I have tried all sorts of dermatitis shampoos but nothing works.

Petty Hates

Post 17551

Try not shampooing.

Shampoo strips your hair and scalp of healthy oils along with the dirt.

I've dealt with greasy hair and dandruff since childhood until I went to the no shampoo method.

I use baking soda and water for cleaning daily, and I spray on and rinse out diluted apple cider vinegar a few times a week for conditioning.

The first month or so can be a bit... gnarly, but after that, my hair has never felt better.

You can find lots of info on the interwebs, by searching for either "shampoo free" or "no poo method". You'll also find videos from folks that have gone "poo free".

I highly recommend it. (Just don't give up those first several weeks while your hair readjusts.)

Key: Complain about this post

Petty Hates

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more