A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 16661

Baron Grim

I was correct.

I just saw the announcement about it.

Petty Hates

Post 16662

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Possibly something to do with the switch announced recently in tht "Switching to secure http" thread A85834173

Petty Hates

Post 16663

Cheerful Dragon

I've complained about not being able to book an eye check appointment when I need to. Before that I complained about being put on a waiting list for an eye check. I've just received a letter giving me an appointment as a result of being on the waiting list. It's in three weeks. Given the fact that I was diagnosed with uveitis a month ago, I don't want to think how bad it would have been if I'd waited.

I'll cancel the appointment. There's no reason to attend and someone else can have it. With any luck I'll have an appointment at Kidderminster in a few months. It's not as convenient as the local hospital, but at least there's no waiting list.

Petty Hates

Post 16664

Pastey

Nipping back to the images/shttp thing, it's always been a PH of mine when things are rolled out live without proper testing.

Usually happens when someone's tried to make a quick knee-jerk fix to a non-serious issue, and ends up breaking more than they've fixed.

As a side note on this, if I remember rightly, the images for the site are hosted and served from a different server than the code for the pages.

Petty Hates

Post 16665

Mr. X ---> "You may be a king or a little street-sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the Reaper...."

Collectivism.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 16666

Pink Paisley

You're on your own with that petty hate.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 16667

Mr. X ---> "You may be a king or a little street-sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the Reaper...."

smiley - laugh

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 16668

ITIWBS

'Devil's Workshop' theorist opponents of the 2nd industrial revolution.

Key: Complain about this post