A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 17561

Baron Grim

Umm... I'm going to have to ask you to move your desk again. So, if you could get it as far back against that wall as possible, that would be great.

http://vimeo.com/51172321

Petty Hates

Post 17562

Bluebottle

In my first ever office job I was moved out of the open plan office in December to make room for the smiley - xmastree

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 17563

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

smiley - laughsmiley - erm yeas we're having a similar thing at work too. Going from having our own desks to a 7/10 ratio or somesuch, meaning hotdesking smiley - ill. Because everyone hated just arriving at their desk, starting their computer and being ready to work in minutes. Makes far more sense to drift nomadically around looking for a desk, then setting things up as you like... an hour later, you're ready to start work.

Petty Hates

Post 17564

Baron Grim

smiley - facepalm

Petty Hates

Post 17565

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

If there is an available desk at all.

Petty Hates

Post 17566

Teasswill

It's got a bit like that where I work too. We've never had fixed workstations, but most people had a preferred few. They were mostly left in reasonable order. As number of staff has increased, different people different days, it's a shambles. As I have the latest start time, I get the one from which everyone else has 'borrowed' anything they are missing. So now, instead of a few minutes to unpack my bag, it's nearer 15 - 20 to get set up. That's apart from getting the PC booted & all the necessary software loaded...

Petty Hates

Post 17567

Reality Manipulator

My pet hate is prickly heat which affects my skin badly as it feels as though my skin has a deep itch combined with a prickly heat.

Petty Hates

Post 17568

And then there is a looming thunderstorm that could alleviate the problem, but it will not start.

Petty Hates

Post 17569

On the office problems: To house the ever increasing staff, meeting rooms get confiscated at my office. In the last few months I had to re-plan a reccurring meeting several times for this reason, while the remaining rooms are already crammed.

Petty Hates

Post 17570

Teasswill

Grr - I'm co-signatory for an online charity bank account. They're now insisting on use of a mobile 'as an extra level of security' either via texts or their own app.
I really object to this assumption that everyone has a mobile - no option to continue of you don't. No option to change details (they have an old mobile number logged which is now inactive). Also I do not wish to download their app, which is another option.

Petty Hates

Post 17571

Bluebottle

I don't have a smart phone, but I do have a phone. I usually topped the credit up with a tenner every six or seven months from an ATM, but they've stopped doing ATM top-ups this monthsmiley - wah

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 17572

Reality Manipulator

My pet hate is the lack of rain in the East Anglia and South East England.

Petty Hates

Post 17573

Blueranger

Good day my friends just passing and seen your post on my travels try not to hate anything life is to short don't wate it ...smiley - smooch

Petty Hates

Post 17574

Bluebottle

Who says that getting a grumble off your chest is a waste? Often makes you feel good and you can bond with others who have had similar experiences.smiley - hug

I'd run out of milk so I thought I'd pop to the shop this morning to get my pint of smiley - milk and I didn't need anything else, so that was it.
Of course, they only have the electronic 'Five Items or Less*' tills and you can only pay by contactless card, which for 45p smiley - 2cents seems daft. After scanning the smiley - milk bottle it asked me how many bags I wanted – with options up to 12. The little bottle comes with its own built-in carry handle and is the only thing I bought. Why would I possibly want 12 carrier bags?

<BB<

* It is FEWER!

Petty Hates

Post 17575

Bluebottle

Rosa - your lack of rain hate has been answered...

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 17576

You can call me TC

I was in East Anglia up until yesterday and we had rain.

Removed

Post 17577

U15003954

This post has been removed.

Removed

Post 17578

U15003954

This post has been removed.

Petty Hates

Post 17579

Baron Grim

Spam!

Petty Hates

Post 17580

Teasswill

Any post/ email etc that is ungrammatical, lacks punctuation & capitals.

Key: Complain about this post