A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 16021

ITIWBS

Yeah, really they ought to key the auto-flush to a motion senser in the door.

Petty Hates

Post 16022

Baron Grim

PH: Courtesy flushers.

There are a few men in my building at work who obsessively perform courtesy flushes. When you enter the restroom, they announce their presence with a flush, then they contine to flush with every movement or even more often easily wasting 30 gallons or more.

Petty Hates

Post 16023

Swl

That's not a flush. That's the loud splashing every time my smiley - bleep drops in the urinal.

Petty Hates

Post 16024

Teasswill

Today's PH: not being able to find something that should be obvious. One half of my favourite pair of sandals has gone missing from under my dressing table.

Petty Hates

Post 16025

Teasswill

Ah! It's turned up in the laundry bag - must have got caught up when sorting the washing. Phew!

Petty Hates

Post 16026

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit a little annoyed by chance
"Why did I have to suggest laundry does not smiley - run off by itself
< F64235?thread=8316058 >
I am always wrong smiley - biggrin."

Petty Hates

Post 16027

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

We only get ten episodes of Game of Thrones per year and they're all broadcast a week apart!

smiley - wah

Petty Hates

Post 16028

Teasswill

PH: trying to track down the origin of an odd smell. Currently noticing something near my computer.

Petty Hates

Post 16029

Bluebottle

PH: Rings
My wedding ring caused blisters and broke years ago, and this week my wife's engagement ring had the diamonds fall out and, when I took it to the jewellers, they said it can't be fixed as the metal's bent out of shape and worn too thin.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16030

Baron Grim

That's OK, "diamonds are intrinsically worthless." - De Beers Chairman Nicky Oppenheimer.

http://youtu.be/N5kWu1ifBGU

Petty Hates

Post 16031

Sho - employed again!

I'm guessing re-setting is also not worth it? smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 16032

Bluebottle

We lost probably 4-6 of the original diamonds (they were only diddly things) so if we got a new band and new stones it'd be pretty much a whole new ring rather than the original engagement ring.smiley - blue

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16033

I despise those "like" and "subscribe" clips at the end of You Tube videos.

(But thanks for introducing me to Adam Ruins Everything. This guy's awesome!)

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 16034

Sho - employed again!

there is the Philosopher's Axe argument to be made though - if you don't replace absolutely everything. smiley - smiley
smiley - tea

Petty Hates

Post 16035

Bluebottle

Not sure about replacing it, though, as I know I'd be recreating a design that's already failed once...

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16036

Bluebottle

Yesterday I wanted to watch a DVD's extras, and the box says on the back clearly states: 'Value Added Material – Trailer – Making Of (39 minutes)'. So I sat back to watch the Making Of, which ended 4 minutes later. 4 minutes later it ended. 4 minutes!
I feel robbed of 35 minutes.
I'd wanted to watch an in-depth detailed making of telling me all about the inspiration behind the story, why it was shot the way it was (with the film's average shot length only 2 seconds), why the actor who plays the doctor plays his character the way he does, how much of the effects were in-camera or miniatures and what happened to the props after the filming finished.
Instead I got to watch a few short interviews with the cast, who said things like 'I play an inspector who tries to catch a serial killer, but finds out that more's going on than he's aware of.'
I know he plays an inspector trying to catch a serial killer – I saw the film. That's telling me the plot, not how they made the film. When I watch a 'Making of' I want to know how the film was made. And if it advertises it is 39 minutes, I expect it to last 39 minutes!smiley - grr

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16037

Bluebottle

(Oh, and the trailer lasted 2 minutes, so I hadn't accidentally watched the trailer by mistake).

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16038

quotes

It could be worse, I listen to the Better Call Saul podcasts which can be good, but also can be 70 minutes of self-congratulation and people talking over each other. A good section of one podcast was devoted to telling off fans for annoying someone who lived in the house used by Walter White. I didn't listen in to hear other people getting chastised.

Petty Hates

Post 16039

Bluebottle

Sometimes I think I'm the only person who remembers the days when, if you wanted to buy a film which had DVD extras, you either had to buy a boxset or buy an additional DVD. Such as 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Lost Disc' or 'The Matrix Revisited'.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16040

"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Lost Disc"

Where does one get this?

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post