A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 10881

Cheerful Dragon

PHoD: Going on a long holiday (a month long cruisesmiley - biggrin). The holiday will be great, it's the ancillary stuff that's a grind. We had to buy new suitcases because of luggage restrictions (one suitcase, maximum laden weight 23kg). Most of the visas can be done on board, but there's one we have to do ourselves. It requires bigger ID photos than you get from a photo booth, we had to make an appointment to take the applications in, the visa place is in Birmingham and it doesn't help that it snowed overnight. (It's still snowing.)

That will be another PH - drivers who can't cope with comparatively light snow. Yes, the snow settled but the roads are fairly clear, even in a rural spot such as where we live. Hubby has known it to take 3 hours to get to Birmingham from here under similar conditions. Normally it takes no more than an hour.

Petty Hates

Post 10882

Sho - gainfully employed again

PH: bank managers, staff of helplines etc etc who only, apparently, have a first name and therefore want to use your first name too.

Listen buster: I'm a grown up lady and I'm Ms Sho's-surname to you!

Petty Hates

Post 10883

toybox

PH: the same people, calling me Mr Toybox in every single sentence they utter.

Petty Hates

Post 10884

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

They start every sentece with "WE" anyway.

Petty Hates

Post 10885

Mr. X ---> The path behind me is littered with corpses. .... .... .... Do you have a trash bag?

I hate it when people use my surname; I prefer my first name. Another social trapping I don't care for is handshakes. They're such a meaningless waste of time.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 10886

You can call me TC

Can't see what's srong with handshakes - they force you to take a split second and look the person in the eye. Can be quite an important moment.

In this cold weather, my PH is the way my glasses steam up when I'm cycling with a scarf wrapped around my mouth and nose. It's either the frozen nose or the frosted glasses. Neither are much fun.

Petty Hates

Post 10887

winternights

PH: And I’ve just done itsmiley - steam, hit that slidy button on the side of my new mobile phone whilst sending a text and it sends my text mid stream. PH 2 whilst I’m here , my dyslexia is being a complete pig at the mo, I’m dependant on grammar and spell checker and I’m still getting things wrong when I type.smiley - steamsmiley - steam

Petty Hates

Post 10888

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

PH: Cowards who accost young women on the street because they're easy targets.

Although, not really petty, more just hate. Long - journalled - story.

(Winternights, feel your pain with PH 2.)

Petty Hates

Post 10889

winternights

The worst of it, is that you don’t know you done anything wrong, what I think in my head often is type the wrong way around, I transpose numbers so I have to be careful with money but as mention today its being a pig , so I think I will retire whilst a head and go refresh my head with a smiley - ale at the local watering hole .smiley - cheers

Petty Hates

Post 10890

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

sometimes my writing's better when I'm having a pig of a day, it means I've had to think harder about what I've been writing...and whilst this mean I may not have written as much, I've often edited it better and not had a serious case of verbal diarrhoea.

However when it comes to maths...smiley - run

Petty Hates

Post 10891

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

PHs of the day: sleeping a full day away. Again. Being scared to check my bank account (no, really). Hannah's leaving, who'll I run around with? Where has my student ID gone ARGH and revision ARGH..

I think the last two are the most pressing.

Petty Hates

Post 10892

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

PH: the fact that i would be quite happy to be an eternal student if only it didn't mean studying

Petty Hates

Post 10893

Yup. Student days meant you didn´t have a penny to spare but could afford the craziest hobbies.

Petty Hates

Post 10894

Malabarista - now with added pony

Speaking of - PH: having to share a hotel room with a perfect stranger to save the university money - wouldn't be so bad it if weren't just a small double bed...

Petty Hates

Post 10895

Tell the hotel to phone me, I´ll swim over.

Petty Hates

Post 10896

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

smiley - yikes Mala!

PHotD1: when you go swimming and twenty minutes later that annoying bit of water that has been making you deaf suddenly leaks out of your ear .

PHotD2: My inability to bake.

Petty Hates

Post 10897

winnoch2 - Biding my time..

Try a tanning salon smiley - ok

Petty Hates

Post 10898

winternights

PH: Going to bedsmiley - yawn, getting 4 hours smiley - zzz, then waking upsmiley - sleepy and not been able to nod off againsmiley - steam

Petty Hates

Post 10899

Here here!

Petty Hates

Post 10900

Pink Paisley

The bit of being drunk that follows the feeling ok bit.

PP

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more