A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 10361

Cheerful Dragon

Yes, disorganised, BUT there are groups of people who are regarded as 'at risk'. Those people have to have their jabs first, so 7th November may have been the earliest date the manager could get. And it's not that long after 20th October, when I *should* have had my jab. (I'm in an 'at risk' group, btw.)

Petty Hates

Post 10362

Cheerful Dragon

Arghh! my response somehow got chopped. The first sentence should have read, 'Yes, your technical manager seems to have been lax or disorganised, BUT...'

Petty Hates

Post 10363

Sho - unemployed layabout

I bet you, TC, that if we had an "incompetent management" and/or "idiot company" competition I'd wipe the floor with you smiley - rofl

Petty Hates

Post 10364

KB

smiley - rofl

(But I'm keeping my own counsel on *that* matter...)

Petty Hates

Post 10365

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Not being sleepy after coming in late, after a night out drinking and dancing with mates. I came in at 5. It is now twenty five to nine. IT'S A SUNDAY MORNING. Why am I not tired?!

PH II: finding out that Bruce Dickinson had a rock show (two of my passions, right there) but of course, it was on 6Music, and said show has been axed, rather cruelly. Why didn't I hear of that show sooner? It was going from 02! *grumbles*

PH III: when I put my camera's memory card into my laptop it doesn't do anything. It's meant to. Anyone any ideas? I'm supposed to be able to get the [photos off the card.

Petty Hates

Post 10366

it's Saturday not Sunday smiley - winkeye (or are you talking generally?)

Ah, Bruce Dickinson smiley - loveblush

and for the card: restart the computer, then try again (don't forget to take the card out properly). Mine don't always work, so I bought a little card reader for not much money, which makes it into a sort of USB stick, and that works very well.

Petty Hates

Post 10367

The Groob

PH: People bibbing their car horns outside people's houses at just after 7 in the morning because they're too lazy to get out and knock on the door.

Petty Hates

Post 10368

it's not allowed. Take their number and call the police...

Petty Hates

Post 10369

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Heh. Last Sunday the pre-midday quiet was shattered by some chinless smiley - bleep deciding that beeping his horn repeatedly and at length was an acceptable way of attracting his friends' attention instead of, say, calling them on their phones or just waiting patiently.

Petty Hates

Post 10370

Sho: good morning my dear. Yes, sorry, i mean Saturday. Whatever day this is. I dunno. Point still stands! Ah, my card reader. That should do the trick.

Yes, Mr Dickinson: a hyper bundle of giggly goodness and down to earth, to boot! Gorgeous man. And he flies planes... *swoon* (and everybody wonders why I have a thing for men over 30...)

Another PH: being too lazy to get into the shower, but the shower here is horribly awkward (even though it’s adapted, what if someone couldn't raise their arm to hold the showerhead?), BUT you know you will see the guy you like on Monday and you particularly like wearing hats (but you will if needs must). Also, RE not being tired, having to walk to the local supermarket thing (up the road) and a few notebooks for my subjects. I'm too lazy.

PH II: drunk people. starting fights, or trying to. We have no beef. Go away. We’ll speak your language if you want, we’re learning- but can you speak mine? No, you cannot. Moot point you have, then. Go away.

PH III: early classes. WTF, WHY? I do not DO eight am if it means getting up at six. And it does. Ugh.

PH IV: having no make up remover.

Petty Hates

Post 10371

Being woken an hour early by the cleaners. I don't think they realise sound carries, esp when it's quiet! Argh.

Petty Hates

Post 10372

Malabarista - now with added pony

At least you have cleaners...

Petty Hates

Post 10373

I live in student halls, of course we do, but cleaning my room... meh. Even worse is bleaching my cups. Terrified to drink from them no matter how good a rinsing I give em...

Petty Hates

Post 10374

PH: I am now in Poland. I could do with an app or two concerning Polish public transport, but iTunes is like NO NO NO YOU HAVE A UK CARD YOU CAN'T DO THAT YOU HEATHEN OF THE DEEP! Argh.

Petty Hates

Post 10375

Anna, I mean this with no hint of sarcasm, you win this thread hands down.

Petty Hates

Post 10376

Pastey

PH: the bloke sat at the next table in the pub who has spent the last 15 minutes constantly sniffing in snot from a runny nose, only breaking off to gag slightly when he sniffs too much.

Go Blow Your Nose!

Petty Hates

Post 10377

Malabarista - now with added pony

smiley - yuk

Petty Hates

Post 10378

I once threw a packet of tissues at a guy on the bus who was doing that.

Petty Hates

Post 10379

Why thank you, Mr D! Please send my internetz to Poland posthaste. LOL. (Srsly, iTunes= Apple= aaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh).

Pastey, oh god that’s disgusting...

PH: I have recordings to listen to. I couldn't be bothered. Where is my motivation, and my inspiration for that matter? Grrrr.

PH II: Justin Bieber.

Petty Hates

Post 10380

Pastey

I'm sorry but I can't see Justin Bieber as a "petty" hate. That's a full on rage hate I think.

At least for me.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more