A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 9641

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

Sometimes protests _are_ heard. The people of East Germany, instead of being afraid of each other, massing up in front of government palaces, chanting "das Volk sind WIR" (WE are the people) - a dictatorship believed invincible couldnĀ“t but turn tail and run.

Petty Hates

Post 9642

Beatrice

OK this really is petty, but I found myself annoyed this morning at the number of different pieces of cutlery I needed just to have guacamole on toast for breakfast!

A sharp knife to cut it open, a teaspoon to scoop out the flesh, a strong fork to mash it, and an ordinary knife to spread it on the toast.

Petty Hates

Post 9643

Alfster

You need to buy a spork and foon.

Petty Hates

Post 9644

swl

Try mushy peas. You only need a tin-opener and a teaspoon. Tastes identical so I'm told.

Petty Hates

Post 9645

Taff Agent of kaos

PH

drivers who think traffic signs dont apply to them

today a woman went the wrong way down a one way road, over a zebra crossing and through a no entry sign to imediately turn into a parking space outside a school, instead of going all the way around the sports centre

smiley - bat

Petty Hates

Post 9646

Taff, the portrait of such people should be mounted on the gravestone of many a smiley - biker . Beware of men wearing hats when driving a Volkswagep Passat or the biggest available Opel (Vauxhall). Three so far.

Petty Hates

Post 9647

elderberry

Why is it people get more agitated about petty hates than over really big ones? I really hate the idea of nuclear catastrophe in Japan, but I get much more angry if someone parks over my driveway.

Petty Hates

Post 9648

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I think it's because the petty hates are more immediate and easier to process in one go.

Petty Hates

Post 9649

Thorn

Autocomplete in word processing. smiley - laughsmiley - laugh
Grr...!

Petty Hates

Post 9650

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

Always turn that bugbear off ASAP mate!

smiley - biggrin
GT

Petty Hates

Post 9651

Shoot Bill Gates before you start typing.

Petty Hates

Post 9652

You can call me TC

It gets worse at this time of year:

Cyclists who think that, just because they are wearing puce lycra outfits and have narrow tyres, they are entitled to cycle on the road.

In Germany all the roads have cycle paths alongside them. On many roads, part of the lane for 4-wheeled vehicles seems to have been used for this, forming a generous cycle path and a narrower traffic lane for cars, with no room to overtake a cycle.

It's hard to resist the urge to drive past them really close and try to force them up on the cycle path.

Petty Hates

Post 9653

elderberry

Cyclists provoke so much hatred. Personally, I'd much rather encounter a badly-ridden bicycle than a badly-driven car. The former is far less likely to be lethal.

Petty Hates

Post 9654

toybox

Badly-ridden bicycles are more likely to be lethalled upon.

Petty Hates

Post 9655

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

The news recently. Is it really any wonder N. Ireland is seen as a somewhat desperate place?

Moving on... my Polish homework. Aaaaaaaargh.

Petty Hates

Post 9656

swl

Motorway service station prices - thieving smiley - bleeps smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 9657

Bright Blue Shorts

"Moving on... my Polish homework."

Perhaps Mr Sheen can help?

Petty Hates

Post 9658

Bright Blue Shorts

My PHoD ... news reporting about Wayne Rooney's f-word outburst upon completing his hat trick. Really frustrating to have them talk all around the subject but not actually quote what he said ... asterisked or otherwise ...

Petty Hates

Post 9659

toybox

Wayne Rooney's f-word? "Football" smiley - huh

Petty Hates

Post 9660

Bright Blue Shorts

Can't have been "football" ... that's two syllables ...

Key: Complain about this post