Rod

Office for Mac, Word.

cut-out underlined in red. Option = cutout
cutout underlined in green. Option = cut-out

Petty Hates

Post 9502

toybox

Pit: >>Gigahate.
"This video contains music you might enjoy if it weren´t banned. Go and eat a beetle instead."<<

Ah, you are living in Germany too?

Petty Hates

Post 9503

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Rod, I use my own common sense and ignore any of that unless Word&#39;s spellcheck is actually right...

PH: ohmygod I’ve two weeks til a paper&#39;s due in and all the books are crap... Google, here I come! And why can&#39;t I find a man with most of the qualities I would like said man to have? The world sucks. So does research. smiley - ale and smiley - cake should sort me out, LOL. smiley - cheers!

Petty Hates

Post 9504

Rod

Ah, Anna. You've just talked to him - but 50-odd years too late

Petty Hates

Post 9505

Bright Blue Shorts

PHoDs ... all these #39s replacing apostrophes ... come on H2G2 get the new site sorted ...

Petty Hates

Post 9506

airscotia-back by popular demand

......or leave the old one as it is smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 9507

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

smiley - grr Saturday morning hate.Neighbour´s children booming their music ("music" for want of a description that would get yikesed)at 120 dB at a time of morning I had planned for sleeping in.

Petty Hates

Post 9508

Bright Blue Shorts

Wait until they're teenagers ... then it'll be at 3am in the morning ... at least you'll be able to get up at 8am and cut the lawn to get your own back ...

Petty Hates

Post 9509

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

PH: This: "3am in the morning" smiley - tongueout would that be as opposed to 3am in the afternoon?smiley - run

Petty Hates

Post 9510

Megagigasmiley - bleeping hate : the Hootoo yikesbots.smiley - kiss,smiley - smooch andsmiley - bubbly - we don´t need an effing supernanny compooter gagging us.
Stunningfrenchie, will you please phone your dad and tell him I love his sense of humour?

Petty Hates

Post 9511

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Aw, Rod, really? What, dear, are you well read, dressed, mannered and spoken? Are you well rounded and know of things I don’t (probably!)? Are you well travelled and can you quote random things that I should want to know more about? Most important, ideas, would they be supported?

That’s it in a nutshell, but we all want what we can’t have, sadly. What makes it worse is I know of someone like this who I’d love to have, but never can... smiley - sadface

BBS: I know, they make it very difficult to read.

Pit, I hear you. I try not to do that myself... sometimes I fail but I know someone who does it all the time and his parents don&#39;t say anything. I’d quite like to kill him when it’s 3am. I just play Metallica full blast at 6am and that does it!

Major PH: As any student shall tell you, writing papers is a drag, so is doing the research and I should much rather be out drinking instead of stuck in. Anyone know anything of Dracula and feminism? I need the first sentence and nothing’s coming!

Petty Hates

Post 9512

"Dracula and feminism"? Someone please get your profs into the funny farm.

Petty Hates

Post 9513

Rod

Yes, Anna, all of those things except half of the last - my ideas are never supported by smiley - musicalnoteanyone else but mesmiley - musicalnote

Petty Hates

Post 9514

Malabarista - now with added pony

Mmmm, yes, the Victorian vampire craze was all about repressed sexuality. The image of a male vampire hunter driving a stake through a female vampire was quite popular for a reason smiley - winkeye And of course in Dracula, the female vampires are (sexual) predators, which doesn't really fit with the ideal female of the time...

Have a look at "Carmilla", too.

And read this A4481787, this A2218475, and this A11101654 - also this, if I may advertise my own: A26353677

Petty Hates

Post 9515

Just get yourself the Polanski movie...boyoboy, am I in love with female vampires!

Petty Hates

Post 9516

PH: Waiting 17 minutes for a smiley - mod to approve a joke about a rabbit.

Petty Hates

Post 9517

Deb

I just read your joke and I can't believe it got modded!

Unless the smiley - mod pull all groan-worthy jokes smiley - run

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 9518

You can call me TC

It really was very groan-worthy. That smiley - bunny joke.

As for loud music early in the morning, Pit, I think we have to put up with it this weekend. It's council-approved here - in fact the parades, parties and dances are often council-organised. Anything from brass bands to tekkno booming at us from all directions.

smiley - musicalnoteAm Aschermittwoch ist alles vorbei smiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnote(It's all over on Ash Wednesday - a traditional German Karnival song)

Petty Hates

Post 9519

You can call me TC

Oh - and for Anna: a first sentence:

"It was a dark and stormy night"

smiley - groan

Petty Hates

Post 9520

I'm both hurt, disappointed, and unable to count at the fact you lot (Whom I'd previously considered friends) thought my smiley - bunny joke was a groaner.

Key: Complain about this post