A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 9381

Deb

Sorry for all that waffle. The upshot is that I can't post anything using the smileys they've very kindly provided.

Deb (feeling naked without the smiley)

Petty Hates

Post 9382

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

GT: YES YES YES YES YES YES. I AGREE DAMMIT. Pretty, but useful? Not really. I think someone's screwing up the coding somewhere or something...

Deadangel: I shall say it again. SARAH MILLICAN IS A TWIT. She's not funny, either. Or good looking. Now, Rob Brydon...? Oh yes. Would. So would.

Deb, that's what's happened to me. This is the second time it's done it. It is weird and I don't like it. Having said this, the overall site design is pretty and I like that.

Petty Hates

Post 9383

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

"it is becoming very repetitive."

You've hit the nail on the head there TC. I've no real problem with comments regarding Noohootoo in general... it's a new site and comment is to be expected, it's just that the same people are posting the same comments over and over again.

Petty Hates

Post 9384

toybox

And in many different conversations. It's becoming hard telling them apart! Not unlike some God threads smiley - devil

Petty Hates

Post 9385

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

PH: Cancelling plans because other previously delayed plans are able to be executed only to have those plans cancelled because, as far as I can tell, nobody can be bothered to give me the less than 30 minutes of time needed to do the bit I need help with.

Petty Hates

Post 9386

Pink Paisley

What's all this "'s" stuff?

PP

Petty Hates

Post 9387

KB

It's how certain punctuation marks look in Brunel if you post from the new site.

Petty Hates

Post 9388

Pink Paisley

And in Alabaster too then. Is this how we will end up "migrated" to the new site - when everything looks like gibberish to the rest of us?

PH - being MADE to accept "progress" that isn't.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 9389

Hear, hear. Orwellian, anyone?

Petty Hates

Post 9390

Thorn

PH: the New Interface. I miss Brunel

Petty Hates

Post 9391

Deb

Can I add an "And in Goo" to posts 9387/9388 please?

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 9392

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

The main thing I've always liked about Goo is the dark blue background- it's very relaxing on the eye. I find I can only spend so long on websites with pure white backgrounds. It's the equivalent for me of uncomfortable seats in restaurants; designed to ensure you don't stay too long. For this reason I've changed the background of Word to a shade of grey, rather than the default glaring white. I fear I'll spend less time here once it's all eye-bleedingly white smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 9393

Jerk Gently in The USA

I hate typing something into a search box then having to wade through 3-8 pages of "stuff" before finding what I was searching for, and it is spelled exactly the way I typed it. I also hate that on the front page is a box of links to popular threads that when clicked will take you to a wading room for you to dig and dig until you find the thread that was on the front page. Go try it. I clicked on "where did h2g2 go wrong" and it doesn't take you right to that thread. Instead I am deposited onto a page with a brand new chance to find the thread I was looking for. I don't think Douglas Adams wanted it to be frustrating to use this site.

Petty Hates

Post 9394

Thorn

PH: pages that are blank but the browser says are done or finished loading. smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 9395

toybox

I concur.

Petty Hates

Post 9396

To the above, hell yes.

You meet someone on Thursday, a good friend of yours whom you haven't seen in months. You have fun catching up. You explain two certain things to them and ask for help, which they say they will gladly give, and they will send you the things you need.

You stress that you must have them by a certain date and they say they’ll have them to you by the next day.

PH: People who go to ground completely “for a few days regarding comm[unication]s”, there is no email of the stuff you need and to boot, the icing on the soddig cake is I FOUND THIS THROUGH FACEBOOK. I have a mobile, and my friend has the number; the courteous thing to do would have been to tell me, surely?! Or get the stuff to me before you went to ground? Obviously not, no...

God, but I hate people.

Petty Hates

Post 9397

You can call me TC

Are you getting them with the new hootoo, Thorn? Toybox? I am. Links that lead to nowhere, just blank pages, proudly telling me they've "done" loading. Whoops. Sorry. I'm not practising what I preach now. Meant to keep off commenting on it.

Now I've started, I agree on the white background and the visual advantages of goo, too, whoever it was said that just now.

Petty Hates

Post 9398

toybox

Ah, people. An inexhaustible source of petty hates.

Petty Hates

Post 9399

toybox

Mine was a general comment. But indeed, it has happened to me in one of my rare attempts to use H2G2. I didn't insist afterwards (and Brunel rocks smiley - cool)

Petty Hates

Post 9400

Pink Paisley

Faux tradition. I was in Cambridge today and spotted another of that chain of 'Olde 'Confectionery' Shoppe'. It is not Olde at all and may sell SOME traditional lines, but also sells new ones and is really expensive. We have one at home here in Hitchin. Down the road is a proper sweet shop that sells sweets weighed out of a jar and handed over in a paper bag. Hopefully it will outlive the 'newe', 'olde' one.

PP

Key: Complain about this post