A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 8841

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

To be fair Cathedral aren't a band that's ever got within spitting distance of the Top 20 or are ever likely to.

I seem to be immune to cold sores... smiley - tongueout

Petty Hates

Post 8842

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

PH?

Immunity from cold sores!!!

smiley - evilgrin
GT

Petty Hates

Post 8843

Pink Paisley

Mr Dreadful, I doubt that you are immune from cold sores. If you get the virus, you will have them for the rest of your life intermittently.

Always practice safe kissing.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 8844

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

smiley - laughSafe kissing = "Love the One You´re With"...have to look up who sang that one.

Petty Hates

Post 8845

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Well, given that Mrs. D gets cold sores... we've been together ten years... and I've never had one... immunity seems pretty logical.smiley - tongueout

Petty Hates

Post 8846

Pink Paisley

You would need to snog the cold sore.

It is a strange virus which I believe lives in the nerve. It emerges every now and then. The sufferer knows when an outbreak is about to occur, since there is a tingling sensation on the site.

You know those times when Mrs D says "don't touch me"? She's doing you a favour.

Some of the modern (but expensive) ctreams are VEY successful.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 8847

You can call me TC

It was Crosby Stills and Nash

Petty Hates

Post 8848

PP, not in the nerve but in the nerve sheath...and it´s a variety of the herpes virus. Usually your immune system keeps it at bay, it´s only when you are stressed, tired, or have some other infection when it starts acting up Some of the cremes *are* very good if applied early enough, which is a boon.
TC, thanks - I had one of these "brain locked, no access" moments, got the name five minutes later. Have a go at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2uOQnUaPSk

Petty Hates

Post 8849

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

the coldsore is the herpes simplex virus (hsv 1), the oral version on your lip. the other one (hsv 2) you get somewhere private. the virus is in everyone, no matter if you're immune or not, i think; i haven't had one in years and i know it was the stress of my college graduation on friday brought it on.

ph? the media simpering over the royal wedding... (price william will marry kate middleton); i mean yes it is important of course but jesus, the country's in recession, we have no money to foot the bill and now they've announced it, can we move ON? i dont mind the monarchy, but it's just 2 people deeply in love getting married; happens every day. they dont need speculation over their wedding either. leave them to it. there are other things to report on, like people dying in afghanistan. their engagement is important but as the saying goes, it is old news now it's been said. when or if victor and i ever marry, it will NOT reach the news or papers! they are normal. leave 'em to it. having said all that, i am pleased for them/

Petty Hates

Post 8850

Anna - so what? *Buying* TV time to advertize Britain worldwide would be unaffordable, having everybody aware that the UK still exists helps your economy. Not sure about where the business boom money gets tapped off before financing universities though...smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 8851

loonycat - run out of fizz

So, is the front page wedding topic coincidental or were the hootoo ed's in the know? smiley - huh

Petty Hates

Post 8852

Taff Agent of kaos

ph? the media simpering over the royal wedding...

warm up the mercedes!!!

smiley - bat

Petty Hates

Post 8853

Sho - employed again!

>>So, is the front page wedding topic coincidental or were the hootoo ed's in the know? <<

More like, KateandWills realised that with weddings being a hot topic (on h2g2 front page) now would be a good time to release the news.

Should we mail them the link to the Handy Tips for Planning a Wedding?

Petty Hates

Post 8854

Taff Agent of kaos

<>

they could get hitched next time we have a meet, im sure they'd like to have a few guests at the registry office and we could throw them a spread of sarnies and sausage rolls in the pub after

smiley - bat

Petty Hates

Post 8855

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

PH?

Picture the scene... the hospital cyber cafe. Four computers. Three are crashed. A quick (smiley - erm), free call to IT will get them reset. I am at computer 4, the only working one.

In the past half an hour, 2 people have come at sat behind me, staring, waiting for me to finish. They kept making noises, little false coughs, or loud stage-sighs to remind me they're there.

Use a little common sense - ring IT! It's what I do when they crash. I sometimes get odd looks when I sit at a crashed computer, and moments later it resets, all by itself... they can't fathom out how I do it... Come on, you're doctors or nurses, you're supposed to be intelligent. Figure it out. The phone's on the wall. And to the woman sat behind me, whose reflection I can see, the number is 607878...

Petty Hates

Post 8856

Hi Hoggy!

What do I do when my PC crashes??? (Very rarely!)

Just do a 'Restart'

Usually works!

smiley - biggrin
GT

Petty Hates

Post 8857

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

We can't. There's a special browser just for the cyber cafe, to stop us using anything other than the browser. Also the keyboard has very few keys othe than the letters and basic symbols, nothing that will let us restart manually. When these things crash (which is very often) - there's nothing we can do.smiley - sadface

Apart from phone IT!!

(that woman huffed, and left 30 seconds after I posted that last comment! smiley - rofl)

Petty Hates

Post 8858

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Why don't you say something like 'you can ring IT to reset one of those, from that phone there'? Maybe they just don't know that this can be done?

Petty Hates

Post 8859

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Pit- I really do think the media should go away and leave them alone. Yes, the world are aware we exist, god knows- we don't need this to tell them.

RE crashing computers and phoning IT- exactly the same in my college when I was there; you could lose a whole class waiting for the damn thing to start.

Petty Hates

Post 8860

Anna!

Last time I did a computer course, and the dinosaur crashed, we were expected to work it out on paper.............with a pencil!!!

smiley - biggrin
GT

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more