A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 8761

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Trillian's Child- yeah, I know all about them, they suck.

I've never heard of Tangerine Dream, but it doesn't sound wise to drink it if you can't sleep (sounds more like a Quality Street sweet to me than a drink)!

PH? Skipping Polish class to write this paper, which I then find I cannot really write as I have left the source text at home. Ye gods. Oh, well, this is what the internet is for...

Petty Hates

Post 8762

Cheerful Dragon

PH: I'm about 80% of the way through an assignment question and I can't think of what to write for the last 20%. It's not a long assignment, in terms of words, it's just a subject area I'm not fully comfortable with (Art History, specifically Cezanne). I'm not even sure about what I *have* written. And the assignment has to be in tomorrow!

OK, I know. Stop wasting time on h2g2 and just get on with it.smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 8763

Malabarista - now with added pony

smiley - laugh Tangerine Dream is a band, Anna. Still sounds like a sweet, though, you're right.

My PH is not being able to have a lie-in on days off because I'm still on alarm duty smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 8764

swl

PH - the mixed emotions of waiting to hear the result of an interview for a job I'm not sure I actually want.

Petty Hates

Post 8765

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

Do I know that feeling! smiley - smileyOK - last interview was nice. Potential new boss agreed that lifting heavy things isn´t on with my wrecked back and instead of forcing me into the job invited me for lunch.

Petty Hates

Post 8766

Cheerful Dragon

Anna, hubby was a Tangerine Dream fan and still has a number of their albums. I'm sure he'll be amused at the thought of them being a kind of drink, or even a sweet!smiley - smiley

Petty Hates

Post 8767

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Ah, but it's always nice to be offered a job, even if it is one you don't want. Especially if there were lots of other candidates smiley - evilgrin

Petty Hates

Post 8768

nicki

Agree on the job front. Waiting for the call myself.

Petty Hates

Post 8769

Fingers crossed, good luck.

Petty Hates

Post 8770

nicki

Thanks.

didn't get it.

Petty Hates

Post 8771

swl

Sorry to hear that nicki. I just got an email saying the decision has been put off until next week as it's a very tight call smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 8772

Means that if you´re willing to work twice the hours for half the money they might call you back?smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 8773

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

PH: Now that I'm earning money, having to resist the temptation to buy a load of awesome records... also having to miss a LARP event because I'm going to a gig (and the fact tat if it were the other way around, it'd still be a petty hate!)

Still, it *is* the first gig I've been to in several years and it *is* one of my favourite bands...

Petty Hates

Post 8774

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

What on earth has happened to this site? Does anyone else see the garish colours I do? I'm not seeing the streamlined h2g2 site of old. WTF? S'like a two year old designed it...

Tangerine Dream... weren't they German or something?

PH: what I see before me... ow, my eyes.

Petty Hates

Post 8775

Sho - employed again!

blimey, I lurve Tangerine Dream. smiley - senior

Mr D - which band?

Petty Hates

Post 8776

Bright Blue Shorts

PHoD ... beyond the receipt of charity sack #44 for the year ... it's all the bloomin' takeaway menus that keep coming through my door ...

Petty Hates

Post 8777

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Sitting in a cyber cafe where half the hospital cleaning staff are having their break, having loud conversations where nobody is able to construct a sentence which doesn't include one of two words beginning with F, both of which refer to sexual practices.

Am I part of a dying breed that believes that speech *doesn't* have to include foul language? Even ordinary sentences, with no need for exclamations -

"Well, yesterday I went down the fsmiley - bleep shop, all I wanted was a fsmiley - bleep loaf, I was fsmiley - bleep knackered when I got back!"

Petty Hates

Post 8778

Pink Paisley

I am absolutely with you on that one Moonhogg, but we are a dying breed.

I think I have posted my dislike for this approach to language in the street, here before now. Got shouted down though as this was clearly infringing someone elses right to express themselves.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 8779

Deb

The "f" word has a very valid place in the English language. I'm sorry but if you stub your toe or hit your thumb with a hammer, sugar or fiddlesticks just doesn't cut it.

But I do agree it's totally needless in normal everyday speech.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 8780

toybox

If I stub my toe or hit my thumb with a hammer, I shout 'papapishu'.

Key: Complain about this post