A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 6841

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

I agree about the heating problem, TC. I was out yesterday lunchtime. It was 2 degrees above freezing outside, and about 25 degrees inside! It was like wearing winter clothes on a summer's day! Thank Bob for deodorant!

As for the *scrabble for purse (wallet) while juggling pushchair/toddler/shopping etc* - I will never forget one Christmas doing just that, when for just one small moment we took our eye off toddler. There is no feeling of panic quite like the one you get when you realise toddler is no longer with you. It must have been no more than 10 seconds before we spotted her playing hide and seek behind the cashier, but it was the longest 10 seconds ever!

Petty Hates

Post 6842

loonycat - run out of fizz

The silly taskbar on this laptop smiley - grr Teeny icons and things *vanish*

Petty Hates

Post 6843

Thorn

Being unable to delete old messages on here.

Petty Hates

Post 6844

Rod

Having a snooze in the afternoon... allowing a gentle, experimental snore & coming towards the surface...
tickle, itch,ItchTickle. Always the head, mostly the face... mostly around the mouth...mostly the lip-line.
Hello World.
Once. Twice. Thri...

Petty Hates

Post 6845

Pink Paisley

Being cold.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 6846

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Crap cover versions of pop music (and currently Christmas music) by second rate artists played in supermarkets.

NOBODY... I say again, NOBODY can do "It's CHRIIIIIIIIISSSSTTTTMAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!" like Noddy Holder!!

Petty Hates

Post 6847

Thorn

lousy cell reception indoors.

Petty Hates

Post 6848

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Sorry to go back a few posts for no good reason really, but just had to add my agreement to the over-heated shops thing. Can't wait to get out of them back into the fresh air I'm dressed for.

Funnily enough all shop Christmas music has the same effect on me! I reckon there must be at least as many people who spend less time and money in a shop trying to get away from the awful music, as there are those who stay longer because it makes them feel 'Chrismassy' smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 6849

Malabarista - now with added pony

I'm grateful for the heated shops while I'm still visiting them in order to finally find a suitable winter coat smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 6850

toybox

Then you wonder why you never buy coats which are warm enough smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 6851

smiley - laugh I have a down one that's usually *too* warm and makes an annoying swish-swish noise (petty hate), and *had* a good wool coat that shrunk in the wash smiley - doh

Petty Hates

Post 6852

Or rather, shrank.

(Petty hate: seeing a mistake just as you hit "post" smiley - cross)

Petty Hates

Post 6853

toybox

You can give it to your smiley - hamster now. The one which has been in your freezer for 200 years.

No, wait smiley - raisedeyebrow

Petty Hates

Post 6854

KB

Bugger. That "swish-swish" noise. I have one like that too, and the fact that you brought the noise up is going to make it all the more noticeable. Luckily, it's also too warm to wear most of the time.

Petty Hates

Post 6855

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

winnoch, I don't do Law, I do Journalism; the Law has to be a part of it but right now I wanna kill everybody...

Petty Hates

Post 6856

Law was always my least favourite subject at Uni, too. Unfortunately, I was reasonably good at it, so it made sense to take it to bring my average up smiley - groan

Petty Hates

Post 6857

Pink Paisley

Snow.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 6858

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

'tis

Petty Hates

Post 6859

Thorn