A Conversation for Ask h2g2

So What brought you all to H2G2?

Post 61

The Mummy, administrator of the [email protected] Project (A193231) and The Reluctant Dead on the FFFF (A254314)

I'm sure it was you, and I'm *not* sure if I even *know* Lisa. does that answer your question sufficiently? smiley - smiley

Post 62

The Mummy, administrator of the [email protected] Project (A193231) and The Reluctant Dead on the FFFF (A254314)

I must admit that I was partially mistaken... Look at your first posting in this thread, which you wrote approx. 3 weeks ago. smiley - winkeye
It didn't reply any posting of mine after all, sorry smiley - winkeye

Post 63

Jo (Dead)

Me thinks it'll have to.
smiley - smiley

Post 64

Thingummyjig

I think I stumbled across a job advertisement in the Guardian for a position at TDV, and was interested by the concept of an h2g2 site. Particularly as it coincided with me re-listening to the set of audio tapes of the radio series which my sister bought me recently...

It's a great community - I could loose hours in here!

Post 65

> It's a great community - I could loose hours in here!

You could, couldn't you? Well, let me tell you a little secret, but promiss me you won't give me away: A lot of us already DO loose hours in here smiley - winkeye

Post 66

$u$

Hi Peta!

I found h2 through some comp mag (don't know which one, cos I never read any further!) Til then, I had been a 'healthy' Internet user. Now of course, I (like so many here it would seem!), am completely hooked!

Look out for the H2G2 Addiction Clinic proper... coming soon!

'sus

Post 67

The Cheese

I've always been a fan of The Hitchiker's Guide, and the concept of an actual Guide online is fascinating and exciting.

Post 68

Absolutely... And now you're a field researcher like Ford Prefect himself. smiley - smiley

Post 69

$u$

Ford doesn't know how lucky he is..... he was only stuck here for fifteen years!

'sus

Post 70

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Sorry if all I have to offer is a bunch of generalities, but I don't know you well enough to give you specific article ideas. Anyway, I'm halfway through an artticle of my own right now, which has come to a grinding halt due to writer's block. No one is immune.

Post 71

Jo (Dead)

An addiction clinic? Boy, do I need one of those. I have a nervous breakdown if I can't get onto h2g2. Last time I had an asthma attack as well.
smiley - sadface

Post 72

Fullofwonder

I got here on a hot, idle summer afternoon this year after looking for links to the book, have always been a fan and the thought of all the knowledge on REAL subjects sitting in one place was too tempting. Now I waste hours here and would really like some kind of updatable file I could load into my web-enabled PDA (don't have one yet, but it's on the agenda), so I can refer to H2G2 in times of need. One could simply go online and update it as and when.The most refreshing thing here is that the place isn't full of Merkins.

Post 73

Anita Ryde (formerly Abi Normal)

I saw the link on my friends page, came here, looked about and decided that I liked it here. And, like the teenage parasite that I am, I set up my little rats nest.
I don't think that I have any plans of leaving... unless I get a job and are forced to stay off the computer... yeah right.

Post 74

Jo (Dead)

Stop it, you're giving me night-mares!
smiley - winkeye

Post 75

$u$

Fullofwonder - how can you call this 'wasting' time???! *ponders* Hmmm... point taken!

'sus

Post 76

Jo (Dead)

There is so much time that wasting a little can hardly hurt!!?
smiley - smiley

Post 77

Now I'm hurt!!!

Dares *anyone* suggest I've been *wasting* time? Fess up now, unless you wish your towel to provide only depressive corners to suck on for the rest of your life!

)-:

Post 78

Moon da Misbegotten

I was really trying hard to break my net addiction over the last few years. I thought I had it licked. I limited the amount of time that I spent online to about 20 minutes a day. I'd just check my email, my horoscope and maybe the news or a Macintosh site for news, then I'd get off.

And then, the lovely people at SciFi.com published a bit about this site.... and I rejoiced. Finally! I always wanted to be a researcher for The Guide... and now The Guide actually exists. smiley - smiley

KayKay

Post 79

Strange... all those people who always wanted to have something to do with the guide, seem to wish for a position like Ford's, whereas I always wanted to be like Arthur Dent smiley - smiley

And then I wished I had *invented* the Guide, and see.... Here it is smiley - winkeye

Post 80

Ormondroyd

One fateful afternoon a few weeks ago, with too much time on my hands, I thought "I know! I used to enjoy that bloke Douglas Adams' books! I'll do a web search on him and try to find out what he's up to these days!"
And there was h2g2. And I've been here more or less ever since. I am now a regular patient at the h2g2 Addicts Clinic.
Do Ormondroyds dream of electric smiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fish? You betcha... smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more