A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Lets parlez franglais

Post 1

six7s

J'ai un sneaking suspicion that le HouseRules won't permit such goings-on ici, mais does anyone know if there is un on-line version of Let's Parlez Franglais anywhere?

Beaucoup de Google searches have so far proved futile, mais curiously il did point out A636059 right ici, sous mon nez* so to dit...

six7's smiley - winkeye

Lets parlez franglais

Post 2

il viaggiatore

Alors, what of on parlera? As-tu un topic in mind?

Lets parlez franglais

Post 3

six7s

Ne specifically pas, mais the sort of banter qui typically goes on dans beaucoup de la forums right ici, right maintenant would suffice, si vous knows what I mean...

six7's smiley - winkeye

Lets parlez franglais

Post 4

il viaggiatore

too juste! Seulement que les forums typiquement ont un subject line pour start us off. Peut-etre someone doit think of quelque chose?

Lets parlez franglais

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

There evidement isn't a moderator qui parle Franglais at the moment. Sans doute, there'll be one along plus tard.

Lets parlez franglais

Post 6

Beatrice

cette posting a ete hidden a cause de moderation.

J'ai pense que ce sera plus quicker if j'ai did it for them...

Lets parlez franglais

Post 7

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Bonjour, les moderators! *waves* smiley - winkeye

Lets parlez franglais

Post 8

Captain_SpankMunki [Keeper & Former ACE] Thanking <Diety of choice> for the joy of Goo.

Ou est le singe? Ah! Le singe est sur la branche!

Liam.

Lets parlez franglais

Post 9

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

Oui, salut Mods. Je see que vous avez stuck your oar in. Pas un problem pour moi as je know que vous are just doing ce que vous etes paid to do.

J'espere que je ne suis pas moderated parce que je pense that cette thread pourrait-etre quite amusant.

smiley - ok

Lets parlez franglais

Post 10

Beatrice

Cest 2 times que je have been moderated dans le last 2 jours!

Ce nest pas tres funny.

Lets parlez franglais

Post 11

Researcher 188007

Absolument. D'accord, parlez indeed Franglais pour échapper l'embarrassment de loser le foot. Mais j'ai pensé que mots en français were allowed on this site, probablement (!) something to do avec French still being un langue de la monde ou quelque chose. Evidamment je serais wrong.

Lets parlez franglais

Post 12

Je pense que some mots francais sont allowed comme, "vis a vis" and "mon dieu" et peut-etre "Haricots verts" mais je think que si an entry entiere was ecrit en francais, les mods aurait un field day ...

Lets parlez franglais

Post 13

Gnomon - time to move on

French is allowed on this website. But not until a moderator who understands it has passed it to say it is OK. There are no French-speaking moderators working at the moment, so this is all Greek to them. I fully expect all the moderated postings to return eventually, and I fully expect all the other Franglais postings to disappear into moderation.

Don't hold your breath. One of my postings with a German sentence of four words, as spoken by President John F Kennedy, took three weeks to come out of moderation.

Lets parlez franglais

Post 14

Captain_SpankMunki [Keeper & Former ACE] Thanking <Diety of choice> for the joy of Goo.

Je suis le president de Burundi.

Liam. (now president of Burundi)

Lets parlez franglais

Post 15

Mon dieu ... je have been a naughty boy ... tout my last postings avait ete moderated!

Lets parlez franglais

Post 16

Yay! I'm no longer a mod virgin! Mods - if you are, by any stretch of the imagination not entirely stupid AND reading the English parts of the thread - my post said "Where is the monkey? Ah! The monkey is on the branch". The post previous to this on said "I am the president of Burundi."

May I suggest http://babel.altavista.com if you really are having difficulties, or a Collins French/English English/French dictionary - very handy.

Liam.

Lets parlez franglais

Post 17

Whisky

Gnomon, I assume the phrase you typed in German was that famous moment when JFK admitted to the world that he was in fact a cream cake?

Lets parlez franglais

Post 18

Beatrice

Thees ees rapidly becoming ze most moderated site sur h-deux g-deux! Et il n'y pas de rude words or anyzing!!!!

Comment un laugh!

Lets parlez franglais

Post 19

Gnomon - time to move on

Spot on, Whisky!

Lets parlez franglais

Post 20

Gnomon - time to move on

although German speakers say that what he said was not colloquial German but that it was correct and perfectly understandable to those present.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more