A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Flight Sims

Post 1

Charlie.Boy

Why oh why oh why do microsoft - and others - keep on churning out these flight sims? They look quite nice but there's got to be something fudamental wrong with a game that practically requires you to be a pilot before you would even consider taking you jet off autopilot for more than five seconds. Please someone enlighten me and end my misery.

Flight Sims

Post 2

Icarus

Because people keep buying them. If people would quit saying "hey, that looks interesting" and making an investment in these irritating things, then it would cease to be economically feasible for the companies to manufacture them. Then they would stop and move on to more successful gendres.

Flight Sims

Post 3

Charlie.Boy

Right then. I'll start a movement to boycot the purchase of flight sims. Let these ungodly creations be forever banished to the nether realms of.....The Sega Saturn!!!!

Flight Sims

Post 4

Icarus

And exactly what is wrong with the Sega Saturn?

Flight Sims

Post 5

Charlie.Boy

Wel you know...look at it...its all you know...well look at it!

Flight Sims

Post 6

Icarus

It looks like a cross between a Genesis and a slimmed down Neo-Geo. What's your point?

Flight Sims

Post 7

Charlie.Boy

It sucks. The console sucks, the games suck, the control pad sucks. Everthing about it sucks! Surely you can tell this from the sales figures?

Flight Sims

Post 8

Fluke

Sure, the sales figures suck.

Flight Sims

Post 9

Icarus

It was poorly marketed. Look at the N64. The only good games are by Rare and Nintendo. Everything else is mediocre. And yet Nintendo's skill at informing everyone within earshot of their existance has allowed the product to continue to exist despite this. Whereas the Saturn, while weak by today's standards, was actually a pretty good system. Sure, the controller's only marginally better than the Genesis 6-button, but it had decent enough games. Sales figures don't mean that the system sucks, just as sales figures don't mean that Flight Sims are good.

Flight Sims

Post 10

Charlie.Boy

Good point that man!

Flight Sims

Post 11

Icarus

Why thank you.

Flight Sims

Post 12

Charlie.Boy

For your valuable contribution which pretty much invalidated my entire view of the Sega Saturn you may have a doughnut.

Flight Sims

Post 13

Icarus

I would like a maple bar. With frosting.

Flight Sims

Post 14

Charlie.Boy

No, you get a doughnut and you are pleaded for it as well.smiley - smiley

Flight Sims

Post 15

Icarus

Fine. Is it chocolate?
And do you give doughnuts to everybody, or just the people who try to make good points?

Flight Sims

Post 16

Charlie.Boy

Just those rare special people. So far you are one of about three. So feel lucky.

Oh yes, it is chocolate of you want it to be...smiley - smiley

Flight Sims

Post 17

Icarus

Let me guess : "your doughnut will arrive in six to ten business days, and will have been in transit for that entire time."

Flight Sims

Post 18

Charlie.Boy

Yup. And any damage which occurs during transport is not the fault of the supplyer. Hence any food poisoning which occurs after eating falls under this same rule.smiley - smiley

Flight Sims

Post 19

Icarus

Very slick, that. Who thought up that concept?

Flight Sims

Post 20

Charlie.Boy

Marketing

Key: Complain about this post