A Conversation for Ask h2g2

cancel

Post 6701

paulh. Bunnies are cute (There, I've said it)

cancel

Post 6702

"Err. I'm not!" [orcus]

It was a metaphor

Or a semaphore

Or a pinafore.

Or something. smiley - blush

Maybe I'm starting to channel 2Legs? smiley - laugh

cancel

Post 6703

Orcus

This has got me thinking about that their standard model of physics.

Now all baryons (protons and neutrons are the more common ones you may have heard of) consist of three types of quark. Up Down and Strange.

Now an increase in strangeness, might cause a problem in the balance of matter causing an implosion of reality.

However... there is a fourth type of quark....

Perhaps an increase in strangeness might result in a counterbalancing increase in Charm smiley - smiley

There's a nice thought for the day. smiley - ok

cancel

Post 6704

Orcus

(ignoring the 5th and sixth type of quark Top and Bottom of course)

Might be an increase in bottom too I suppose - provided it's pert - why not? smiley - winkeye

cancel

Post 6705

If I live long enough, do you think I'll see where these discoveries lead? smiley - huh

cancel

Post 6706

The Left Reverend Doktor Baron Grim

Think of all the amazing developments you've already lived to see?

We have SUPERCOMPUTERS constantly connected to a WORLDWIDE NETWORK that we carry in our pockets. Nearly any bit of information available at a moments notice, in your hand. I'm not saying we use such amazing devices in a sensible way, but the potential is outstanding.

cancel

Post 6707

Yeah, and that computer connectivity isn't long for this world, judging from the many post-apocalyptic novels that have been written lately.

I say this on a website that has its mainframe computers three thousand miles away for me. smiley - erm

cancel

Post 6708

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

We are all quarks flowing through the giant galactic mainframe of conceptual reality then. Hmm. does that make me a strange quark or a bottom quark? smiley - alienfrownsmiley - handcuffs in addition to the up and down, is there a suction quark? smiley - zensmiley - erm

Its at times like this I wish I'd listened to all those things my Grandmother told me. - NO idea if they'd help of course, I obviously wasn't listening to them... smiley - alienfrown
so... you think nighthoover's a physicist? smiley - scientistsmiley - geek interesting,... smiley - ufo

cancel

Post 6709

2Legs, I don't know you well enough to say whether you are a strange quark. If your teeth resist decay in the face of strong force and electromagnetism, then that part of you probably *is* a strange quark.

Would you settle for being comprised of strange quarks, along with all the other kinds?

cancel

Post 6710

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

My teeth are rediculusly OK. I went to the dentist, about a year ago now... for the first time since.... my Mother probably took me smiley - laugh yeh…. about err 30 plus years ago smiley - snork and... asides where I'd just chipped a old tooth where an long ago missing filling had weakened it, they're all, apparently OK. - my dentist says its the pies and bacon that have saved my teeth... - I eat nothing sweet cept some fruit smiley - huhsmiley - shrug

I wonder what nighthoover's teeth are like? smiley - weird

cancel

Post 6711

There's a teeth-cleaning system that uses a vacuum
http://patents.google.com/patent/US4991570A/en

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more