A Conversation for Ask h2g2

cancel

Post 1

nighthoover

i want 2 cancel this account what 2 do

cancel

Post 2

I'm not really here

They can't be cancelled. Just leave it as it is now, unactivated. shame you want to leave us, or do you already have an account?

cancel

Post 3

Wayfarer-- I only wish I were crackly

yes, if you leave and never come back and don't put in an intro it will be effectively gone.

cancel

Post 4

smiley - cryalthough if you really wanted to, you could also change your nickname to your default, Researcher 183456, and unsubscribe to this conversation. and but for this conversation, it would be as though you never had been.

cancel

Post 5

Venus

so what if a person want 2 cancel his account any way it is useless without using it

cancel

Post 6

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Oh dear, I feel as if I'm in a bad movie

Attack of the Young Male Americans

cancel

Post 7

Bald Bloke

*Wanders past singing Hotel California by the Eagles*

You can check out any time you like
but you can never leave

cancel

Post 8

*hums the theme from The Twilight Zone* deedeedeedee, deedeedeedee...smiley - smiley

cancel

Post 9

nighthoover

so i got stuck here

cancel

Post 10

Rainbow

Yup, it looks like it. However,try wanting to stay here. I want to stay but have been deleted from the system 3 times in the past 6 months, and then have had great trouble re-registering - I'm beginning to take it personally!!

cancel

Post 11

MaW

If you want to leave, then you can do so. Having an account here is a no-obligation deal. It's a no-spam deal as well (at the moment) so you won't even notice it's still here. Currently there is no way to delete accounts, partly because it would cause a great deal of problems with attributing ownership to Entries and forum postings. Perhaps one day they'll be a way to disable an account so that it's publicly declared that you're no longer here, but at the moment that's not possible.

cancel

Post 12

Wand'rin star

You could also change your name to "Windhoover - no longer here" smiley - star

cancel

Post 13

Captain Kebab

Is this a more than usually strange conversation, or is it me? I'm not being critical - I like strange.

cancel

Post 14

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

oo I really like strange ..but I'm also very partial to critical. Not that there's any connexion. Is there? How about cyncial, it's my fav. And spurious! Now there's something I could get into.

peace
jwf

cancel

Post 15

Captain Kebab

Strangely spurious? Or spuriously strange? Sounds good to me.

cancel

Post 16

NMcCoy (attempting to standardize my username across the Internet. Formerly known as Twinkle.)

Not to mention spuriously superfluous.

cancel

Post 17

MaW

smiley - run

cancel

Post 18

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Oh, goodie. A new movie

Attack of the h2g2 Monster

cancel

Post 19

NMcCoy (attempting to standardize my username across the Internet. Formerly known as Twinkle.)

smiley - monster

cancel

Post 20

smiley - whistle, smiley - smiley, smiley - monster, smiley - yikes,smiley - run.

Key: Complain about this post